Gallatin Co./Simon Kenton Predictions

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another hard game to predict since these teams haven't played in my lifetime. Should be a good storyline since Edmonson started quite a few games for SK as a frosh. SK needs to be focused, I'm sure in the back of their minds they were wanting a piece of Shelby and if they lose sight on the real goal they might not make it to the finals of the 8th.

Not much has been said about Nate in this or last night's game thread, but he played a whale of a game. He held Cochran, their best player IMO, to 7 points. Not sure, but I think he went for 21 against the Cats in the regular season.

SK has some bangers and with Hurd healthy, it will be tough. The Wilcats will need to be on fire with their shots and they will need to stop Hester's penetration. I would zone them and make them shoot from outside while at the same time find Hester on the perimeter at all times. However, the Ponzer kid looks like he can shoot very well so if he gets hot and Hester penetrates the zone, it could be a tough night.

With that said, the Wildcats and their tremendous heart and community support could possibly pull the upset and earn a berth in the finals. Good luck to both teams.

You are kidding right? He shoots 28.3% from the field and 18.2% from behind the arc. Apparently you do not know what a good shooter is.

You are kidding right? He shoots 28.3% from the field and 18.2% from behind the arc. Apparently you do not know what a good shooter is.

My guess would be qryche hasn't seen many SK games, and the ones he has seen Nate has shot well. You can't blame him for thinking that, with limited exposure. That's probably why he said "looks like he can shoot". I think Nate's a good shooter, he's just had a rough year.

Who would you recommend to have shoot then? Barnes and Slavey have shown they can shoot at times, but they're a defensive liability and do not handle pressure defense well. Ponzer has been and still is playing with a torn ligament in his shooting hand. How petty is it of you to look up the stats to prove that a kid in your mind isn't a very good shooter? The fact is that if Coach Steiner didn't think the kid could shoot then he wouldn't encourage him to keep shooting the ball. He has been knocking down some shots recently and has always been known as a threat from behind the arc. Even throughout the year he has been given playing time because of his defense and ball handling, and even throughout the year you have been criticizing him, makes me kind of wonder if you aren't connected to someone on the bench that you feel should be playing.:sssh:

Who would you recommend to have shoot then? Barnes and Slavey have shown they can shoot at times, but they're a defensive liability and do not handle pressure defense well. Ponzer has been and still is playing with a torn ligament in his shooting hand. How petty is it of you to look up the stats to prove that a kid in your mind isn't a very good shooter? The fact is that if Coach Steiner didn't think the kid could shoot then he wouldn't encourage him to keep shooting the ball. He has been knocking down some shots recently and has always been known as a threat from behind the arc. Even throughout the year he has been given playing time because of his defense and ball handling, and even throughout the year you have been criticizing him, makes me kind of wonder if you aren't connected to someone on the bench that you feel should be playing.:sssh:

I have heard that they are a defense liability but tell me which guard is playing defense an shutting their man down? Our guards get beat a lot of times but Josh Hurd is standing there in the paint blocking their shots. Just ask Nathan Sharp. Show me on here where I have been critizing anybody for the whole year.

Nathan Ponzer likes to dribble with his head down so how can you say he is a good ball handler? I call them as I see them.

SK 56-51 in a tight one. Gallatin palying with a lot of heart and nothing to lose attitude. SK must step up but I think they will meet the challenge. Scary thought that probably the feel good pick, whom everyone (including the refs), would love to see Gallatin advance?

I have heard that they are a defense liability but tell me which guard is playing defense an shutting their man down? Our guards get beat a lot of times but Josh Hurd is standing there in the paint blocking their shots. Just ask Nathan Sharp. Show me on here where I have been critizing anybody for the whole year.

Nathan Ponzer likes to dribble with his head down so how can you say he is a good ball handler? I call them as I see them.

You must not pay too good attention to the game. There are two gurads on the team that look to pass first and they are Ponzer and Hopkins. Barnes, Slavey, and even Hester all look for their own shot first. When he was starting earlier in the year, rather than "dribble with his head down", he would break the press by passing the ball. When was the last time you saw SK play? If you are a regular in attendance maybe you should start watching the game rather than mingle with your little group of people who think that their kids are the ones who should be running the show. You're right, you haven't been doing it the whole year, I should have said in the past because unless I am mistaken you have gotten in some trouble before on here for comments about this kid, which leads me to believe even more that your connection to the team must be playing behind him.