Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region Draw

Featured Replies

SK makes it to the championship game and wins it.

  • Replies 85
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a draw for Henry. I guess luck has been on Coach Hollands side in the post season with the #1 draw for the Districts and then getting Anderson. WOW. This tourney will be a toss up so many things can happen, but in my opinion Gary Forrest will find a way to win it.

Ill take Henry Co over Anderson Co/ Oldham over Walton Verona

Ill take Shelby Co over Gallatin/ Simon Kenton over S Oldham

 

Semis

 

Oldham Co over Henry Co

Simon Kenton over Shelby Co

 

Finals

 

Simon Kenton over Oldham Co

You get one right each night

You get one right each night

 

So you think SK wins it?

As a fan, despite the fact that the Wildcats have not won a regional tournament game since 1959, I sort of relish this draw. They are playing the defending champions and have already proved they are capable of winning this game with the OT loss in January.

Plus, the South Oldham and Simon Kenton faithful will be on hand and I am pretty sure they will be pulling for Gallatin. Getting to the Sweet 16 isn't supposed to be easy, so why not butt heads with one of the best right off the get-go?

I think the players are thinking the same thing. I know they won't be intimdated.

  • Author
As a fan, despite the fact that the Wildcats have not won a regional tournament game since 1959, I sort of relish this draw. They are playing the defending champions and have already proved they are capable of winning this game with the OT loss in January.

Plus, the South Oldham and Simon Kenton faithful will be on hand and I am pretty sure they will be pulling for Gallatin. Getting to the Sweet 16 isn't supposed to be easy, so why not butt heads with one of the best right off the get-go?

I think the players are thinking the same thing. I know they won't be intimdated.

 

Especially with them almost pulling off the win in regulation.

That's why they call it March madness. Anything can happen in one game. Looking forward to making the long drive down I-71 to the tobacco barn.Hey Neerfan, willyou be at the first round?

 

I didn't even think about the actual days of the tournament and it's tough to get days off at my work unless you put in fairly far in advance. I put in for Tuesday, just wishful thinking there but I got denied. I'll put in for Monday but right now things don't look good but if the basketball gods have say in the matter I will probably make it, but it will probably mean a work day on Sat or Sun and that doesn't make me too happy but these type of things don't come around too often.

 

I saw the SO coach at the 32nd championship game, what do they bring to the table?

I will be up for both the Monday and Tuesday night games Neerfan:thumb: I am taking 5 days off of work to do this:sssh:

I saw the SO coach at the 32nd championship game, what do they bring to the table?

 

SO could suprise. I have said all along that I think that are the best team in the 29th. Traditionally, they are very streaky when it comes to their shooting.

As a fan, despite the fact that the Wildcats have not won a regional tournament game since 1959, I sort of relish this draw. They are playing the defending champions and have already proved they are capable of winning this game with the OT loss in January.

Plus, the South Oldham and Simon Kenton faithful will be on hand and I am pretty sure they will be pulling for Gallatin. Getting to the Sweet 16 isn't supposed to be easy, so why not butt heads with one of the best right off the get-go?

I think the players are thinking the same thing. I know they won't be intimdated.

 

:ylsuper:

Are there any other regions with teams this close in comparison to each other? And who is favorite to go and win state?

Hard to predict the region since SK really doesn't venture down I71 very often to play most of their regional counterparts.

 

Breakdown of records against the field

 

Anderson Co (20-6) (2-4) Wins over Henry Co +2, Shelby +5....Losses vs Gallatin -8, Shelby -6, Oldham -6, South Oldham -8.

 

Henry Co (19-10) (2-6) Wins: Gallatin +8, SOldham +6....Losses: WV -9,-6, SOldham -11, Gallatin -1,-2, Anderson Co -2.

 

Prediction: Anderson should be confident after a win vs Shelby, they win close to double digits against the home team.

 

 

Walton Verona (15-11) (2-5) Wins: Henry Co +6, +9....Losses: SK -26,-20,-12; Gallatin Co -22, -1

 

Oldham Co (20-6) (5-1) Wins: Shelby +9, Gallatin +12, Anderson +6, SOldham +9, +5.....Losses: SK -9

 

Prediction: Oldham wins this game by 15-20.

 

Gallatin Co (24-6) (4-3) Wins: WV +22, +1; Henry Co +2, +1...Losses: Oldham -12, SOldham -10, Shelby -6

 

Shelby Co (22-7) (4-2) Wins: SOldham +21, Anderson Co +6, Gallatin +6, SK +4....Losses: Oldahm -9, Anderson -5

 

Prediction: Gallatin played Shelby close in Warsaw but on a neutral court I'll take the bigger team with more experience. Shelby by 8.

 

South Oldham (18-11) (3-5) Wins: Anderson +12; Henry Co +11; Gallatin +10....Losses: Shelby -21; Oldham Co -9,-5,-2; Henry Co -6

 

Simon Kenton (22-8) (4-1) Wins: WV +26,+20,+12; Oldham +9...Losses: Shelby -4.

 

Prediction: Simon wins the game by 12-15.

 

Semisfinals: Oldham Co vs Anderson Co...should be a close game but I'll take Forrest and his experience as a big game coach in this one, Colonels win by 9 points

 

Simon Kenton vs Shelby....Shelby has one the only two matchups between these two. Shelby has a big team, and can shadow Hester with big G's, and with Chambers in the middle they can man up on Hurd. SK lost to SC by four in Hester's 2nd game back this season but SK had opportunities to win the game down the stretch and failed. Maybe it's my blue glasses but SK toughs this one out by the skin of their teeth by 4.

 

 

Finals: Oldham Co (22-6) vs Simon Kenton (24-8)...Oldham faced SK in January without Hester and they had no answer for Hurd in the post. Forrest has proven to be a top notch coach, making it to Rupp while in the same region as Scott Co so he knows how to get the job done. I think SK's depth wil prevail in this game, SK by 9.

Time for GC to put on their armor and man up. Although Shelby lost their district they are probably the 2 seed and then there is the #1 seed playing the nightcap. "GO CATS"

What makes a fading Shelby Co. the #2 seed..as a runnerup at their own gym?

The three best teams in the region are on SK and GC side.

Who would the 3rd team be? Gallatin? Have they beaten any of the teams in their bracket? What about the other bracket? I think their record against the teams left is something like...2-6

Who would the 3rd team be? Gallatin? Have they beaten any of the teams in their bracket? What about the other bracket? I think their record against the teams left is something like...2-6

 

I see what you are getting at. That Oldham is the #2 team behind Simon Kenton. Right now I tend to agree with you. They have beaten Gallatin, Shelby, and South in the past month. Some Pioneer fans say they were not impressed when the Colonels lost at Independence, but that was 2 months ago.

I actually think they will play Henry in the semis. It seems most fans are overlooking the hosts. I can't even comprehend how physical the Henry-Anderson matchup will be.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.