Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region Draw

Featured Replies

Sad to say but I must agree that Oldham, although they don't impress, they win. One regional loss at the #1 seed (IMO) SK. The only possible problem that I think they have on their side of the bracket is Henry at home.

  • Replies 85
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like Henry could matchup with Oldham as good as anyone. When Henry plays together they are a pretty tough team to beat. Then again, Anderson is a pretty tough team to beat as well. I look for the 2nd round game between Anderson/Henry v. Oldham (if they beat WV) to be a barnburner. Personally, I would like to see a 31st district rematch for the regional, though that would be a tough game to achieve. Dont overlook any team in tis tourney. There is alot of parody in the 8th region this year.

Question my credibility all that you want as each has their own opinion. I have seen Oldham and South three times each, not against SK. I think player per player, position per position, SO is better, except in the coaching position. I think that Coach Forrest makes players better than they would be for most other coaches.

 

I personally will not be cheering for either Oldham or South. I am pulling for Gallatin. :thumb: If that also reduces my credibility, then that's fine by me. I have never been one that needs someone else's opinion to validate my own.

 

Credibility probably wasn't the right choice of words, but I just don't see how you still believe South is a better Team than Oldham after OC has beaten them 3 times. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. :thumb:

 

Good Luck to you and Gallatin in the Regions. They have had quite the season and it sounds like they are light years ahead of where they were back when I played ball.

Ill take Henry Co over Anderson Co/ Oldham over Walton Verona

Ill take Shelby Co over Gallatin/ Simon Kenton over S Oldham

 

Semis

 

Oldham Co over Henry Co

Simon Kenton over Shelby Co

 

Finals

 

Simon Kenton over Oldham Co

Henry over Anderson??!? I don't think so.

Henry played well against Anderson at their place, now this game will be at Henry so i expect another great game but Henry will pull it out.

Credibility probably wasn't the right choice of words, but I just don't see how you still believe South is a better Team than Oldham after OC has beaten them 3 times. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. :thumb:

 

Good Luck to you and Gallatin in the Regions. They have had quite the season and it sounds like they are light years ahead of where they were back when I played ball.

 

You're right. I should see it that way. But when I watch them...I don't. Oldham is more solid, yes. However, put SO's best night up against OC's best and I think SO wins.

So many times, we as fans say that our team played good or played bad and call it either a good night or bad night. We never look at the other team and see what they did or how they played and if they caused our team to play good or bad.

 

South's talent might be better than Oldham's, but because of Oldham's willingness to play D does that make them a better team because they don't let South play to their best??

sportsmanic; Nice point concerning one team not letting another team play to it's strengths. Very insightful! For those looking ahead for a possible Gallatin / SK matchup.. I personaly think that's wishfull thinking...Shelby over Gallatin messes up that theory.....go Rockets!

sportsmanic; Nice point concerning one team not letting another team play to it's strengths. Very insightful! For those looking ahead for a possible Gallatin / SK matchup.. I personaly think that's wishfull thinking...Shelby over Gallatin messes up that theory.....go Rockets!
If that makes you happy, so be it. I take it you have an axe to grind with Gallatin's players and/or coaches ?

The last Litkenhous Ratings that I could find had:

SK at 78.8

Shelby at 78.4

Oldham at 73.9

S. O. at 71.0

Gallatin at 69.9

Anderson at 69.7

Henry at 61.1

W. V. at 58.3

 

Who got the best draw--- Oldham County

Who got the worst draw-- Gallatin County

I dont see how Gallatin got the worst draw, Gallatin is not the least bit scared of shelby. They would just as soon put them out in the first round as the championship game. GO CATS

I dont see how Gallatin got the worst draw, Gallatin is not the least bit scared of shelby. They would just as soon put them out in the first round as the championship game. GO CATS

Just going by the numbers! Not a team ranked below them in their bracket. I agree, it probably doesn't matter to them and they would play anyone.

who cares about the rankings its the postseason now and anyone can do anything, if your hot then your hot. The rankings go by the records and how they have done to go by who wins the regions is who has the best team at the right time and who has come together as that team.

I dont see how Gallatin got the worst draw, Gallatin is not the least bit scared of shelby. They would just as soon put them out in the first round as the championship game. GO CATS

Sure Gallatin would like to put Shelby out in the first round, but even the most educated Gallatin fan has to realize that playing Shelby, Simon and Oldham (if the numbers play out) is not a very good draw. Henry County, by losing the 31st district, has a much better draw than Gallatin. Tournament time is about matchups, and it is good that Gallatin is not scared, but the bottom line is you have to execute on the floor. But, if somebody was to pull an upset, (like south beating simon) then maybe it is not a bad draw. I think this tournament is going to be very interesting.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.