Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region Draw

Featured Replies

  • Replies 85
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if they are as physically gifted as some of the other teams, but they know how to play basketball (defense, rebounding, passing). Besides the results I mentioned speak for themselves.

With that being said, with the balance of the region, they may get eliminated in the 1st round.

  • Author

Nobody is safe from elimination. Teams will step up their game this time of year. Barring anything major happening, I can see most of these games going to the wire. No blowouts.

Nobody is safe from elimination. Teams will step up their game this time of year. Barring anything major happening, I can see most of these games going to the wire. No blowouts.

 

I agree.

 

Along with what I said earlier about Oldham Co, all else being equal, Oldham has one thing going for them in a major way - Gary Forrest. :thumb: That could be the deciding factor.

Shelby Co and Simon Kenton could be a dandy in the semis if they both win.

It is tournment time any team can win on any given night who gets hot at the right time.

  • Author
Shelby Co and Simon Kenton could be a dandy in the semis if they both win.

 

Personally, I would like to see how Gallatin matches up with SK. They haven't played each other in at least 8 years and maybe even more than that.

 

Mack, what about it??

SO could suprise. I have said all along that I think that are the best team in the 29th. Traditionally, they are very streaky when it comes to their shooting.

 

You continue to lose a lot of credibility when making this statement. Oldham has beaten South THREE times this year, yet you still think South is better then them. I'm guessing you have only seen Oldham play once, against SK, and are judging them based on this one game. If OC is able to make it to the finals, you may be surprised on how well they will come out and play SK, or whoever else it may be.

You continue to lose a lot of credibility when making this statement. Oldham has beaten South THREE times this year, yet you still think South is better then them. I'm guessing you have only seen Oldham play once, against SK, and are judging them based on this one game. If OC is able to make it to the finals, you may be surprised on how well they will come out and play SK, or whoever else it may be.

 

Then again you may be surprised of the outcome.

Personally, I would like to see how Gallatin matches up with SK. They haven't played each other in at least 8 years and maybe even more than that.

 

Mack, what about it??

 

As far as I can recall, Gallatin and Simon Kenton have not played since the early 70's.

Then again you may be surprised of the outcome.

 

Never said I thought OC would win it, but I think they will play SK much tougher if the two meet in the finals. That's a big if though, lots of ball to be played.

As a fan of Kenton County area schools, I hope that Simon Kenton is able to win the 8th Region.

You continue to lose a lot of credibility when making this statement. Oldham has beaten South THREE times this year, yet you still think South is better then them. I'm guessing you have only seen Oldham play once, against SK, and are judging them based on this one game. If OC is able to make it to the finals, you may be surprised on how well they will come out and play SK, or whoever else it may be.

 

Question my credibility all that you want as each has their own opinion. I have seen Oldham and South three times each, not against SK. I think player per player, position per position, SO is better, except in the coaching position. I think that Coach Forrest makes players better than they would be for most other coaches.

 

I personally will not be cheering for either Oldham or South. I am pulling for Gallatin. :thumb: If that also reduces my credibility, then that's fine by me. I have never been one that needs someone else's opinion to validate my own.

That is obvious by your drink of choice!! Have a nice cold SHASTA

You know that you are addicted to BGP when your avatar is a result of a running joke amongst some of your BPG friends. :jump:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.