Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bracken County @ Mason County 1st RD 39th District

Featured Replies

U Reach, Tollesboro and Lewis Co are geographically in the same county but were in different REGIONS for decades so I guess my explanation is, there has to be a cutoff somewhere in order to get 4 or 5 teams in a district. It's not Mason's fault whose district they are in, it is just the way it worked out. This could be debated over and over, anytime you split 200 schools up, there is going to some cutoffs that people question. Fred Hester is not on the KHSAA Board of Control and he never has been. Maybe you should get your school to talk to your region representative and see what he/she thinks about district realignment if you think it's not fair. I guess Mason, Clark, Montgomery and Brossart would make a nice district with Augusta, Bracken, St. Pat, Silver Grove and Calvary Christian in another district.

  • Replies 83
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U Reach, Tollesboro and Lewis Co are geographically in the same county but were in different REGIONS for decades so I guess my explanation is, there has to be a cutoff somewhere in order to get 4 or 5 teams in a district. It's not Mason's fault whose district they are in, it is just the way it worked out. This could be debated over and over, anytime you split 200 schools up, there is going to some cutoffs that people question. Fred Hester is not on the KHSAA Board of Control and he never has been. Maybe you should get your school to talk to your region representative and see what he/she thinks about district realignment if you think it's not fair. I guess Mason, Clark, Montgomery and Brossart would make a nice district with Augusta, Bracken, St. Pat, Silver Grove and Calvary Christian in another district.[/QUOTE]

 

Thank goodness you aren't in charge of aligning the districts for the state!! Mason, Clark, Montgomery and Brossart would make a tidy little district with about 1:45 minutes travel time from one end to the other?? There's probably about 35-40 high schools closer to Brossart than Montgomery and Clark?? While your other proposed district might be competitive from a size standpoint as they're all "A" schools, it's equally ridiculous geographically!! BTW--Are you just throwing Scott & Campbell our of the district/region, or do they get to be their own district?? :confused:

Yeah, really, you can't be serious.

 

If there's really such a conspiracy, how about you find a team within a reasonable area to put in the 39th that Mason wouldn't beat by 40+.

 

Using Jay's logic, I think Mason should be in a district with Scott County, LexCath and maybe Clark. Good competitive district with similar sized schools!!

Using Jay's logic, I think Mason should be in a district with Scott County, LexCath and maybe Clark. Good competitive district with similar sized schools!!

 

 

Could you imagine only one of these teams making it to Sweet 16 every year. Not to mention you would have to realign this way across the state. You wanna talk about a financial suicide! I can see it now.......

 

Welcome to the "Bobs Grocery KHSAA Sweet 16":jump:

Well seems like everyone is bitter over Mason County for beeing in the same district, thats not their fault. The State makes the districts up. But Mason County is not in the ALL Class A tournament and you didn't win that tournament So whats the excuse for that??

 

We are not saying it is their fault. It is some people that make comments like that give Mason a bad name. Brossart won the All A and I am sure they will give Mason a run for their money again in the 10th.

 

I respect Mason Co. basketball, but little comments like this from some Mason Co. fans that upset me. As an Augusta fan everyone knows Mason may win the 39th, but people don't have to make goofball comments like this.

 

Maybe thats why all other 16 teams in the 10th region root against Mason Co. during the season and during the region.

I hope you are joking Devilman. You and the Polar Bears don't have the talent to beat the Royals on our worst day. Must have been something extra in "grandmas cough syrup" if you believe what you said above.

 

Bracken has just as much talent as Mason does.

Bracken has just as much talent as Mason does.

 

Would you care to elaborate on which players on Bracken's roster "evenly" matches up with the Royals?

Bracken has just as much talent as Mason does.

 

And I thought I'd heard it all?? :laugh:

Bracken has just as much talent as Mason does.

 

Talk about a goofball comment panther.

Bracken just doesn't have the horses Mason does. Mason isn't the third ranked team in the state for nothing.

Right now I think the districts are fine. But, I think they should seed them and put more emphasis on the regular season games so that you don't have to play Mason in the first round of the districts. I would rather control my position in the district than to let a coin decide it. It's not like St. Patrick, Bracken and A-Town are worlds apart overall. What does everyone think?...seed the 39th or not?

I agree Bracken does not have the talent that Mason has, but really who does. I just think that they can play with them better then they have.

Some teams seem not to let the Mason name scare them as much as some others. Bracken needs to take a at the Demming and Augusta Games last year.

If The Polar Bears leave it all on the floor, this game can be close. With in 15 points Is a possiblitity. Some may say thats not close, But indeed it is. Good Luck Polar Bears.

Talk about a goofball comment panther.

Bracken just doesn't have the horses Mason does. Mason isn't the third ranked team in the state for nothing.

Right now I think the districts are fine. But, I think they should seed them and put more emphasis on the regular season games so that you don't have to play Mason in the first round of the districts. I would rather control my position in the district than to let a coin decide it. It's not like St. Patrick, Bracken and A-Town are worlds apart overall. What does everyone think?...seed the 39th or not?

 

At this point I say seed. Like you said it puts more emphasis on the regular season.

I can tell you why, because fred hester prob sets on that board.. and knows all the Khsaa people

 

Get a grip! Fred Hester sits on no KHSAA board BUT Gary Dearborn of Pendleton County does. If you have a beef, then I suggest you talk to him!

Bracken has just as much talent as Mason does.

 

How can Bracken have just as much talent as Mason, when Mason beat Bracken by 40 points in regular season play?? Wow, we have heard it all now!!

I hope you are joking Devilman. You and the Polar Bears don't have the talent to beat the Royals on our worst day. Must have been something extra in "grandmas cough syrup" if you believe what you said above.

This is beneath any comment.

We are not saying it is their fault. It is some people that make comments like that give Mason a bad name. Brossart won the All A and I am sure they will give Mason a run for their money again in the 10th.

 

I respect Mason Co. basketball, but little comments like this from some Mason Co. fans that upset me. As an Augusta fan everyone knows Mason may win the 39th, but people don't have to make goofball comments like this.

 

Maybe thats why all other 16 teams in the 10th region root against Mason Co. during the season and during the region.

Exactley.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.