Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

14th Region split session

Featured Replies

I just read that Letcher Central was going to have the semi finals of the region as a split session. That means they would empty the gym after the first one and then have to repay to watch the next game. I really don't like this.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If their gym only seats 2500, as has been reported, then this isn't a bad idea. Actually, Hazard probably needs to also consider this when they host again.

  • Author

The reason I don't like it is because I don't want to pay $10 to watch two games.

The reason I don't like it is because I don't want to pay $10 to watch two games.

 

I can understand why LCC is doing this. Still, they need to figure out a way for fans that want to watch both games to be able to do that, instead of paying twice.

This is ridiculous. IF there gym cant hold it then give it to a school that can, make it fair to the fans. IMO the only place the 14th region should be held is KCC or PCC. Rotate it between the two. IF thats not fair to other schools then they need to build bigger gyms.

They could hold it at Breathitt.

If LC truly only holds 2500, then why not allow other schools to host and always do split session. Estill will hold that many.

Do not like this at all. In my opinion, I think only three schools should be able to host region: Knott, PCC, and Breathitt.

The 13th has split sessions every year.

Powell Co.'s gym holds 3500 easily. The parking is excellant. The last time they hosted it everything went well. I agree with PCC, KCC, and Breathitt hosting the tournament. Hazard still hosting is ridiculous. The Lethcer gym is very nice; parking may be a problem.

Powell County certainly can host the region. I am not sure of amount is seating, but I would believe more than 2500., and there is ample parking.

I have two proposals on this matter.

 

 

Proposal 1

 

In order to host a regional tournament a gym should be able to seat at least 3,500. In the 14th there are only four facilties that can do that: Knott Central, Perry Central, Breathitt County, and Powell County. Also, the ability to park and move vehicles in and out is important and should be part of the equation in deciding the host school.

 

 

Proposal 2

 

Have a four year rotation for the host site, based on the number of districts in the region, which of course is four. Then allow the schools within each district to decide where they want to host the tournament when it is their distict's turn in the rotation. The obvious choices would be:

53rd - Knott Central

54th - Perry Central

55th - Breathitt County

56th - Powell County

 

I think this would be fair to the fans and students, and every corner of the region would have a turn to host the tournament.

Powell Co.'s gym holds 3500 easily. The parking is excellant. The last time they hosted it everything went well. I agree with PCC, KCC, and Breathitt hosting the tournament. Hazard still hosting is ridiculous. The Lethcer gym is very nice; parking may be a problem.

 

"everything went well"

 

I have no problem holding the region there but for anyone who attended the last time, this is one of the funniest statements I have ever read on here!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.