Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

14th Region split session

Featured Replies

Gas- 30$

Pop-2$

Pop corn and a candy bar 2.50$

Watch two games 10$

Watch your team cut down the nets at regionals---PRICELESS:banana:

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know how someone would propose this to someone that could put it into action but Proposal 2 sounds as perfect and fair as it can get.

Hazard is awful because parking is just straight terrible and seating is a complete hassal. A team a couple of years back couldnt even watch the game before them at Hazard becasue the reserved seats were full of stubborn people who couldnt/wouldnt move. They were placed down stairs nad watchd the game in a room with not enough seats for everyone to sit down.

This way each distric gets an equal shot because despite county oppinion, home cooking is done everywhere. This way everyone gets a bite of some good country home cooking every couple of years and maybe gets a piece of the pie(Rupp) while their at it.

 

Leslie County '05

I live in Hazard and it's an hour away from Jenkins and an hour and 10 minutes away from Stanton. If you live in Breathitt, it's 40 minutes to Stanton and an hour and a half or more to Jenkins. How in the world can you say Breathitt is in the middle! No way. Hazard is the most central location that could possibly hold the region. Perry is the best place to hold for it's accomodations and Knott is pretty good except for getting in and out. Still have to go with the 2 sites that are in the middle. But that is just me.

Leslie County '05

I think it was Hazard in 05

I live in Hazard and it's an hour away from Jenkins and an hour and 10 minutes away from Stanton. If you live in Breathitt, it's 40 minutes to Stanton and an hour and a half or more to Jenkins. How in the world can you say Breathitt is in the middle! No way. Hazard is the most central location that could possibly hold the region. Perry is the best place to hold for it's accomodations and Knott is pretty good except for getting in and out. Still have to go with the 2 sites that are in the middle. But that is just me.

You have to put Estill in the distance factor, don't you? That would put Breathitt more in the middle.

Who could have handled the crowds from last year's semis and finals other than KCC?

So has the 9th, or at least until the new Bank of Kentucky Arena at NKU gets finished and even then, I have no problem with paying more money to see two games. In fact, I wish CovCath would empty out the gym after the Cov Holmes vs. Cov Holy Cross 1st round 35th District game so the CovCath, Beechwood fans could see their game without having to get to the CovCath gym prior to 5pm on Tuesday......

 

BTW "Lightning" whats the beef with only paying $10 to see two great HS basketball games? Been to a movie, ate at a restaurant, been to a ice cream store....The cost of entertainment is rising just like the cost of gas at the pump......I don't like it either, but the cost of putting on these events has to be increasing also, and somebody has to play for it......

Well said.

Who could have handled the crowds from last year's semis and finals other than KCC?

My biggest problem at most of the sites mentioned is parking. KCC is a really good place to watch a game, in my opinion the best of any place mentioned, but getting in and out was a nightmare last year, with cars literally parked on the travelled part of the road down past the school. I think that split sessions would only make it worse, as people leaving the first game would interfere with those coming to the second game.

The 56th is only going to have one game a night, with boys and girls tournament over six days, to deal with these problems.

IMO there's only two venues in the 14th that can deal with the parking and getting the vehicles in and out with few problems.....Perry Central and Powell. Knott can handle the parking, but when the game is over you may have an hour wait to leave the parking lot. Powell and Perry do not have that problem. Actually, Powell has 3 different exits to flow traffic back to the Mountain Parkway. Seating is a top priority, no doubt about that, but parking and an easy entry/exit route is definitely # 2 on the list.

I live in Hazard and it's an hour away from Jenkins and an hour and 10 minutes away from Stanton. If you live in Breathitt, it's 40 minutes to Stanton and an hour and a half or more to Jenkins. How in the world can you say Breathitt is in the middle! No way. Hazard is the most central location that could possibly hold the region. Perry is the best place to hold for it's accomodations and Knott is pretty good except for getting in and out. Still have to go with the 2 sites that are in the middle. But that is just me.

If you choose to let Jenkins be the extreme, then why do you not include Estill on the other end. It is 62 miles from Irvine to Jackson and approx 65 miles from Jackson to Whitesburg. I have heard for years how Hazard is the center of the 14th region. I understand that Perry County is where the most regional titles have come from but that does not constitute geographical centrality.

Bottom line; the 56th district has never had the influence necessary to make it fair. I could not believe Powell managed to get in the 6 year rotation.

I wonder if estill's presence will change that attitude toward the 56th any.

If you choose to let Jenkins be the extreme, then why do you not include Estill on the other end. It is 62 miles from Irvine to Jackson and approx 65 miles from Jackson to Whitesburg. I have heard for years how Hazard is the center of the 14th region. I understand that Perry County is where the most regional titles have come from but that does not constitute geographical centrality.

Bottom line; the 56th district has never had the influence necessary to make it fair. I could not believe Powell managed to get in the 6 year rotation.

I wonder if estill's presence will change that attitude toward the 56th any.

Good points, and I've said this for years.:thumb:

If you choose to let Jenkins be the extreme, then why do you not include Estill on the other end. It is 62 miles from Irvine to Jackson and approx 65 miles from Jackson to Whitesburg. I have heard for years how Hazard is the center of the 14th region. I understand that Perry County is where the most regional titles have come from but that does not constitute geographical centrality.

Bottom line; the 56th district has never had the influence necessary to make it fair. I could not believe Powell managed to get in the 6 year rotation.

I wonder if estill's presence will change that attitude toward the 56th any.

 

 

:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.