Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott Co 74 Lexington Catholic 65

Featured Replies

I still think unless you have reserved seats, people should buy their ticket and sit in any open seat they find. Surely the Lex Cath fans and parents could get to their own gym before the SC kids.
You may be right on the General admission thing, but student sections behind the opponents bench is a bad idea. Many schools rope these sections off in order that this does not happen. Student sections adjacent to one another is a bad idea as well. If either of these situations were allowed last night it would have taken away from what was important, what was going on the floor.
  • Replies 51
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that case, maybe you should sell reserved tickets behind the home team's bench.

scheat40...what did Coach Hicks say when he got the T. I was on the other side of the court and couldn't hear. Since you say it was weak, perhaps you could enlighten us as why.

There was only the one Technical called tonight.

 

Ouch - I don't know what Salsman did to you, but that's one of the coldest posts I've seen.:laugh::lol: :lol: :lol: :laugh:

 

What I heard was that the Lex Cath administration didn't want the SC fans sitting directly behind the LC bench. Now why they waited until the end of the JV game to make them move (when there were no other spots in the lower arena left) instead of earlier is awfully fishy... I saw the woman AD from Catholic asking if Coach McKey (AD and football coach at Scott Co) was at the game - what she didn't know is that if he had been there at the time all this foolishness was going on - I would almost guarantee that the kids would have stayed where they were at first - there was no reserved seating and the kids got to the seats first: should have been the end of the story.

 

It was an unnecessary distraction caused by some control freaks who run Lex. Cath. I think the kids rights were violated and they should all get a refund from their ticket - since there were undisclosed places they could not sit... Where's the Heavy Hitter's phone number - I think this could be a class action suit.:D

 

First off, this was a Great Basketball game between two very good basketball teams. Oh, by the way, the Mackey Kid is the real deal and Tubby needs to recruit him a little harder.

That is funny about the Heavy Hitters. I think there is a Supreme Court decison about yelling fire in a crowded theatre or better know as CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER. Maybe the security felt that the SC student section presented a clear and present danger being behind LCs Bench and for sure behind the LC student section. Oh, by the way the students were not seated behind the LC student section, they were standing in the walk way. The LC band was already in place behind the LC student section.

Oh, and the quote about Jim McKey, what would he have done? It is LCs gym and not Scott Counties. I was at Scott County last year when they made some LC people move because it was Scott Counties seats.

As long as you are in the gym and watching a great basketball game, why does it matter where you sit. This is not Rupp Arena and there are no nose bleed seats in LCs gym. I think it only seats a little over 3,000.

First off, this was a Great Basketball game between two very good basketball teams. Oh, by the way, the Mackey Kid is the real deal and Tubby needs to recruit him a little harder.

I am pretty sure that Mackey is going to IU.

At Scott Co one side of the lower arena is reserved for season ticket holders. All other seats are first come first serve. I have been to many many big games in Scott County's gym and have never been asked to move. The only way the SC people would have moved the LC people last year is if they were seated in the reserve section. This is very possible. SC fans get to the games very early to get good seats, except the season ticket holders, who can wait till the last minute if they wish. Its common for SC's gym to be packed 2 hours before tip-off in big games, except for the reserved section which will remain 1/2 full till just before tip-off.

[QUOTE=knightsdad]The officials had to call it close because this game was a war. They called it even for the most part but if anything Scott County got the benefit on turnovers. Walls made a turning point play when he dove out of bounds to save the ball and called timeout. It should have been Catholic's ball but the effort was so great, I'm glad they gave it to him.

 

Moving the SC students from behind the LC students was a good idea. Unfortunately, they were moved behind where I sat so we got to listen to a greater than normal amount of cursing. At one point the police came up to put a halt to it. I'm not impressed with their behavior but maybe they got testy with all the moving.

 

The LexCath player came up with his hand trying to knock the ball loose when Walls got scratched coming down with a rebound. There was nothing dirty about it. He is a tough kid and a great player. Wish UK could get him.

 

I hope we get a chance for a rematch in Richmond.

 

What a homer comment. Scott County was held all night long everytime they cut or handled the ball. And that was an awful technical on Coach Hicks. Matt Walls was slapped across the face, unintentional, that has to be a foul, right in front of the ref.

As for the student sections, what about the Catholic fans cursing in the Scott Co player's ear taking the ball in bounds in front of them. The ref had to get Coach Salsmen to get the principal to calm them down. Both student sections behaved fairly well, except for a few on each side.

You can spin it any way you want to, the way LexCath handled the SC student section was wrong.

 

As for the game Novosal is easily one of my favorite players I have seen all year long, and I really like Stewart. For Scott Co Walls was great and Mackey stepped up when he needed to.

Its a shame a game like this can't be about the players on the floor with all the dumb distractions going on.

Did he win any districts? Lose in the region to any state champs or runners up? Play Pendleton closer than anybody else in the region? Get your facts straight before you start drilling coaches.

 

He never won a Region. Losing to the eventual Regional champ only means you were there. His teams did usually play better in the tournament, but still never good enough. They could beat Paris and Harrison and that could have been attributed to the job he did. IMO The measure of a good coach is not that they were eliminated by the Regional Champ. However, if the shoe fits be happy with being a bridesmaid and never a bride.

I still think unless you have reserved seats, people should buy their ticket and sit in any open seat they find. Surely the Lex Cath fans and parents could get to their own gym before the SC kids.

 

I agree. I have seen more issues over the years with Private Schools and their preferred unmarked reserved seating than with anyone else. And honestly, I think the Brossart Mom's are worse than the Lex Cath fans.

Oh, and the quote about Jim McKey, what would he have done? It is LCs gym and not Scott Counties. I was at Scott County last year when they made some LC people move because it was Scott Counties seats.

 

 

Its McKee not McKey.

He never won a Region. Losing to the eventual Regional champ only means you were there. His teams did usually play better in the tournament, but still never good enough. They could beat Paris and Harrison and that could have been attributed to the job he did. IMO The measure of a good coach is not that they were eliminated by the Regional Champ. However, if the shoe fits be happy with being a bridesmaid and never a bride.

 

Name another coach who could have won the region at Bourbon Co.

In past years when I have attended the Scott Co- Lex Cath game one side of the gym was primarily Scott County (the side behind the benches and scorers table), and the other side was Lex Cath. Since SC always had more fans there would be scattered groups of SC fans in the upper arena part of the Lex Cath side. It sounds like last night the Lex Cath people had decided that one side of the lower arena would be Lex Cath and 1/2 of the other side. This would be fine except for the SC people bring such a large crowd. To solve this problem in the future I would suggest to the Lex Cath people to make the side of the gym where the scorers table and benches are the home side. That way you wouldn't have to worry about those mean old Scott County students being so close to your basketball team.

Did he win any districts? Lose in the region to any state champs or runners up? Play Pendleton closer than anybody else in the region? Get your facts straight before you start drilling coaches.

 

What's a district championship ring look like? How about a 10th region runner up ring? Good job on playing a team close! :thumb:

 

And for the record, I hope he stays there. It don't bother me seeing Catholic lose.

Name another coach who could have won the region at Bourbon Co.

 

Billy Hicks.

What's a district championship ring look like? How about a 10th region runner up ring? Good job on playing a team close! :thumb:

 

And for the record, I hope he stays there. It don't bother me seeing Catholic lose.

:fight: :fight: :madman:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.