Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott Co 74 Lexington Catholic 65

Featured Replies

It was a good thing the 2.5s kept everything under control! The students were moved from behing the Lex Cath bench because, it was the Catholic parent section??? How about next time just marking it Catholic parents. Then they went to the section above the Lex Cath student section and they were moved again, even a security guard didn't know why... I went over to him and asked what was going on and he said "I don't know". I think they just gave him a yellow security shirt and told him to stand somewhere.

 

As far as the game, I thought the officiating was questionable. The game was out of hand quick and the officials were very inconsistent at best. I was really upset when the official took about 10 seconds to stop play, with Scott having the ball, when Matt Walls was cut and bleeding down his face. The T on Coach Hicks was rediculous, as was the other technical on Scott. It reminded me of the T that was called on Mayo.

 

As far as Lex Cath...I know a lot of the Knight's fans are UK fans and are upset with UK's 10 loss tubby, what about Lex. Cath's own 10 loss "Tubby". He didn't win anything @ Bourbon and he probably won't win anything @ Catholic.

 

There was only the one Technical called tonight.

 

Ouch - I don't know what Salsman did to you, but that's one of the coldest posts I've seen.:laugh::lol: :lol: :lol: :laugh:

 

What I heard was that the Lex Cath administration didn't want the SC fans sitting directly behind the LC bench. Now why they waited until the end of the JV game to make them move (when there were no other spots in the lower arena left) instead of earlier is awfully fishy... I saw the woman AD from Catholic asking if Coach McKey (AD and football coach at Scott Co) was at the game - what she didn't know is that if he had been there at the time all this foolishness was going on - I would almost guarantee that the kids would have stayed where they were at first - there was no reserved seating and the kids got to the seats first: should have been the end of the story.

 

It was an unnecessary distraction caused by some control freaks who run Lex. Cath. I think the kids rights were violated and they should all get a refund from their ticket - since there were undisclosed places they could not sit... Where's the Heavy Hitter's phone number - I think this could be a class action suit.:D

  • Replies 51
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The officials had to call it close because this game was a war. They called it even for the most part but if anything Scott County got the benefit on turnovers. Walls made a turning point play when he dove out of bounds to save the ball and called timeout. It should have been Catholic's ball but the effort was so great, I'm glad they gave it to him.

 

Moving the SC students from behind the LC students was a good idea. Unfortunately, they were moved behind where I sat so we got to listen to a greater than normal amount of cursing. At one point the police came up to put a halt to it. I'm not impressed with their behavior but maybe they got testy with all the moving.

 

The LexCath player came up with his hand trying to knock the ball loose when Walls got scratched coming down with a rebound. There was nothing dirty about it. He is a tough kid and a great player. Wish UK could get him.

 

I hope we get a chance for a rematch in Richmond.

The officials had to call it close because this game was a war. They called it even for the most part but if anything Scott County got the benefit on turnovers. Walls made a turning point play when he dove out of bounds to save the ball and called timeout. It should have been Catholic's ball but the effort was so great, I'm glad they gave it to him.

 

Moving the SC students from behind the LC students was a good idea. Unfortunately, they were moved behind where I sat so we got to listen to a greater than normal amount of cursing. At one point the police came up to put a halt to it. I'm not impressed with their behavior but maybe they got testy with all the moving.

 

The LexCath player came up with his hand trying to knock the ball loose when Walls got scratched coming down with a rebound. There was nothing dirty about it. He is a tough kid and a great player. Wish UK could get him.

 

I hope we get a chance for a rematch in Richmond.

 

I didn't mean to imply that there was anything dirty about it - the kid was simply going for the ball... I just thought it was an obvious foul that wasn't called.

 

Classy post knightsdad. :thumb:

 

There are a lot of things the SC student section comes up with that I could do without too. I wouldn't want them behind me at a ballgame (especially if I had my child with me)

 

I'll give the Lex Cath kids their props too - After the war was over Novosel and Stewart (who had battled their tails off) showed as much class as I've seen out of a couple of 17/18 year old kids. I love it when kids give their all on the court - and do everything in their power to win the game and when it's over - shake hands and look the opponent in the eye. No throwing chairs or pealing off jerseys or not going through the handshake line. Classy kids.

There was only the one Technical called tonight.

 

 

I am pretty sure that there was 2 Ts. One called in the first half on Hicks and one in the 2nd half on a SC player. It was called after a foul by the same player. It was as if the official was waiting for him to breathe wrong so he could T him up, that is why I said it reminded me of the Mayo technical.

I am pretty sure that there was 2 Ts. One called in the first half on Hicks and one in the 2nd half on a SC player.

 

One of the players in the JV game got a tech for Scott Co. Not in the varsity game. The only tech on the stat page says "Bench".

One of the players in the JV game got a tech for Scott Co. Not in the varsity game. The only tech on the stat page says "Bench".

 

I think it was the JV game. :thumb:

 

That one got wild at the end too!

It was a great High School Basketball game to watch. Both teams gave the maximum effort. Lex Cath proved they could play with Scott Co., and should gain some confidence from this game.

 

I though Stewart should have taken it to the basket more than he did. He either scored or went to the free throw line every time he took it strong.

 

Was very impressed with Walls. He in my opinion is Scott County's best all around player. Mackey is very explosive offensively but appeared weak on defense at times. Their offense seemed to be basically a two man game with Walls and Mackey looking for each other and taking a majority of the shots. The other players just looked like they were out there to play defense, set picks, and rebound. They seem to know and accept their roles. It is obviously working.

 

SC's student section was very enthusiastic and for the most part well behaved. One exception as an SC student threw something into the Lex Cath stands and hit a person sitting near me. It wasn't a problem as he was escorted out of the building.

 

I will give them credit for their school spirit, they just need to get a little more innovative with their cheers.

 

They should probably enlist some of the more creative thinkers at the school to come up with some better, and more appropriate cheers.

With LC's basketball program being at the level it is, why do they not have better fan support? Every time SC plays at LC, SC always has more fans in attendance. Is it because the community is more envolved in SC sports? I remember when LC played UHA in the finals of the Sweet 16 in front of an empty house. I went to a North Laurel-LC game a few years ago at LC and there were more North Laurel fans there and they had to drive 1 1/2 hours to get there. This always surprises me.

the t on billy was bad!!!!

the ref t billy up with his back to him

no guts from the ref

How tall is Walls?????

 

As far as Lex Cath...I know a lot of the Knight's fans are UK fans and are upset with UK's 10 loss tubby, what about Lex. Cath's own 10 loss "Tubby". He didn't win anything @ Bourbon and he probably won't win anything @ Catholic.

 

Did he win any districts? Lose in the region to any state champs or runners up? Play Pendleton closer than anybody else in the region? Get your facts straight before you start drilling coaches.

About 6'3". He reminds me a lot of Steve Alford.

There was only the one Technical called tonight.

 

Ouch - I don't know what Salsman did to you, but that's one of the coldest posts I've seen.:laugh::lol: :lol: :lol: :laugh:

 

What I heard was that the Lex Cath administration didn't want the SC fans sitting directly behind the LC bench. Now why they waited until the end of the JV game to make them move (when there were no other spots in the lower arena left) instead of earlier is awfully fishy... I saw the woman AD from Catholic asking if Coach McKey (AD and football coach at Scott Co) was at the game - what she didn't know is that if he had been there at the time all this foolishness was going on - I would almost guarantee that the kids would have stayed where they were at first - there was no reserved seating and the kids got to the seats first: should have been the end of the story.

 

It was an unnecessary distraction caused by some control freaks who run Lex. Cath. I think the kids rights were violated and they should all get a refund from their ticket - since there were undisclosed places they could not sit... Where's the Heavy Hitter's phone number - I think this could be a class action suit.:D

 

 

The problem was that Scott County non-students IGNORED the sign designating the area behind the SC bench for students. The area behind Catholics bench is not very big and was taped off. Then, do you REALLY want the two student sections sitting together during a game like this????

I still think unless you have reserved seats, people should buy their ticket and sit in any open seat they find. Surely the Lex Cath fans and parents could get to their own gym before the SC kids.

One of the players in the JV game got a tech for Scott Co. Not in the varsity game. The only tech on the stat page says "Bench".

 

There was a technical on a LC player in the JV game also if we're counting.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.