Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LaFayette 83 GRC 82

Featured Replies

Cards lose in a heart breaker. GRC led the first 3 quarters. With 10 seconds GRC had a 4 point lead. Tunover and FT was a big factor in the game. Lafayette was 17-18 from the line and GRC was 9-18. GRC had 20 tunovers and Lafayette had 10. Tristian Jones had a game high 30 points. Next was Evan Bennett 16, Robert Hatton 14, Josh Wood 9,Robbie Stenzel 5 Robell Rogers 6 .Preston Knowles dressed but did not play.

  • Author
why did Knowles sit out?

Coaching decision.

Cards lose in a heart breaker. GRC led the first 3 quarters. With 10 seconds GRC had a 4 point lead. Tunover and FT was a big factor in the game. Lafayette was 17-18 from the line and GRC was 9-18. GRC had 20 tunovers and Lafayette had 10. Tristian Jones had a game high 30 points. Next was Evan Bennett 16, Robert Hatton 14, Josh Wood 9,Robbie Stenzel 5 Robell Rogers 6 .Preston Knowles dressed but did not play.

The Clark Co. team played some of the best team ball offensively they have played for several games. Lots of heart and determination, just came up a little short at the end. Would love to see the replay on the blocking call with 8 seconds left, sure was a questionable call. When it is a seesaw battle in that close of a game, anything can happen at the end.

 

But still have to love the efforts of the players that dressed and played in the game. Keep up the good teamwork guys!!!:thumb: :thumb:

GRC wins if Knowles plays, but evidently the coach had his reasons.

why did Knowles sit out?

 

 

Channel 18 reported it as a suspension for Knowles.

  • Author
Channel 18 reported it as a suspension for Knowles.

As I said ...coaching decision.

 

Clarks next game is at Harrison Co Feb. 20th. Then the district...at GRC.

As I said ...coaching decision.

 

Clarks next game is at Harrison Co Feb. 20th. Then the district...at GRC.

 

So are you saying that Channel 18 made a false news report?

 

As I said .... Channel 18 reported it as a suspension for Knowles.

 

I didn't make this up and I am not starting rumors, just stating what I saw and heard on Channel 18 on the 11:00 Sports Report.

So are you saying that Channel 18 made a false news report?

 

As I said .... Channel 18 reported it as a suspension for Knowles.

 

I didn't make this up and I am not starting rumors, just stating what I saw and heard on Channel 18 on the 11:00 Sports Report.

 

 

It was not a suspension... so yes i'll say Channel 18 made a false news report.

The lexington herald reported that coach humphrey made knowles sit out most of the lex cath game also. The coach said it was a lack poise and composure. He also said that he could sit over there for a while. It sounded like he was really upset.

So are you saying that Channel 18 made a false news report?

 

As I said .... Channel 18 reported it as a suspension for Knowles.

 

I didn't make this up and I am not starting rumors, just stating what I saw and heard on Channel 18 on the 11:00 Sports Report.

 

Don't always believe the media, in this case I'd take our very own GS's word on the episode. Coach H is a big time disciplinarian, he won't take bull from anyone.

I should have gone last night! I thought about it. But I would have been sorry that Preston wasn't playing. I think maybe he needs to become a little bit more of a team player and cut down on the possesions where he comes down and just fires up a three off the dribble before passing it at all.

 

I'm sure thats probably not the main reason he didn't play though. Maybe attitude.

So with something like this coming about, how do so many people still consider him a possible Mr. Basketball? I have not been in that group, but to get to the point that your coach benches you for about a game and a half from what I have heard is definitely not good and not becoming of a Mr. Basketball.

In all of the games that I've seen, Preston has conducted himself to the utmost,he always lets his game do the talking. This suspension(or whatever) and public calling out of him in the state's major newspaper is very dissapointing and somewhat shocking,especially on the coach's behalf. Am sure he has his reasons,but the newspaper thing is a no-no on any playing level. Keep things in -house. Have always compared Knowles demeanor to Lofton's,so don't see where this is coming from. Can any Cardinal fans in the know PM me? Thanks.

  • Author

Stats from the game.

 

Lafayette 18 21 18 26 — 83

 

Clark 20 22 21 19 — 82

 

LAFAYETTE (10-15) — Stewart 33m Langfels 4, Gifford 26, Bauman 2, Linton 4, Sanford 10, Morris 4.

 

CLARK (19-7) — Hatton 14, Davis 2, Rogers 6, Wood 9, Stenzel 5, Bennett 16, Jones 30.

 

 

Glad to have Evan Bennett have a good night. He just got out of a cast from a wrist injury. and did not play in the Mason Co game. He is our best free throw shooter and is dead with the 3 pointer. Also noticed that the bandage that Tristian had been wearing was much smaller last night.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.