Duke drops from the rankings

C-A-T-S

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RP, if Duke were to lose their remaining road games, which is very possible, do you think they would be sweating it come selection sunday?

They are 18-7 (5-6 ACC). They would end up 7-9 in conference play and 20-11 overall. I say they would have to lose out to not get in, but it would be getting interesting if they continued to struggle.

Probably but they'll make a bit of noise in the ACC tourney as well....If they make it great, if not, I'll understand as well...I knew this would be a down year, and am impressed with the ACC overall, that's not a good formula for success when you struggle with tenacity

I'd love to buy Ohio State but the veterans have gone MIA. Not a good sign this deep in the season. They let Purdue and Northwestern hang around. Not good...

But WAY too early to count them out. The obviously have the talent. Its going to be interesting to see how the season shapes out.

Florida IMO has seperated themselves at this point, but UCLA, UNC, Kansas, and Ohio St are all really talented.

RP, if Duke were to lose their remaining road games, which is very possible, do you think they would be sweating it come selection sunday?

They are 18-7 (5-6 ACC). They would end up 7-9 in conference play and 20-11 overall. I say they would have to lose out to not get in, but it would be getting interesting if they continued to struggle.

I believe only 2 teams ever from the ACC have made the tourney witha sub .500 record in conference play.

Duke still has some decent vital signs, SOS and the what not, but lack any true road victories because they refuse to play road games in the non-conference portion of their schedule.

My tiers are as follows now:

Florida, UNC

Wisconsin, Kansas, UCLA, OSU

Texas A & M, Pitt, Marquette

the rest

I like your teams, but A&M isn't getting enough respect. They're experienced and have a very defined go to guy. I would say they are on the same level as Kansas and Wisconsin. Plus I would add Georgetown to the list even though they've been at home recently. I think they might be getting hot at the right time of year.