Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke drops from the rankings

Featured Replies

Ohio St has lost to the #1, 3 & 4 teams in the country. The only ranked team they have beaten is Indiana.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RP, if Duke were to lose their remaining road games, which is very possible, do you think they would be sweating it come selection sunday?

 

They are 18-7 (5-6 ACC). They would end up 7-9 in conference play and 20-11 overall. I say they would have to lose out to not get in, but it would be getting interesting if they continued to struggle.

Probably but they'll make a bit of noise in the ACC tourney as well....If they make it great, if not, I'll understand as well...I knew this would be a down year, and am impressed with the ACC overall, that's not a good formula for success when you struggle with tenacity

Ohio St has lost to the #1, 3 & 4 teams in the country. The only ranked team they have beaten is Indiana.

 

Ohio St is still a very scary team. Oden is getting better and better.

Ohio St is still a very scary team. Oden is getting better and better.

I'd love to buy Ohio State but the veterans have gone MIA. Not a good sign this deep in the season. They let Purdue and Northwestern hang around. Not good...

I'd love to buy Ohio State but the veterans have gone MIA. Not a good sign this deep in the season. They let Purdue and Northwestern hang around. Not good...

 

But WAY too early to count them out. The obviously have the talent. Its going to be interesting to see how the season shapes out.

Florida IMO has seperated themselves at this point, but UCLA, UNC, Kansas, and Ohio St are all really talented.

My tiers are as follows now:

 

Florida, UNC

 

Wisconsin, Kansas, UCLA, OSU

 

Texas A & M, Pitt, Marquette

 

 

the rest

RP, if Duke were to lose their remaining road games, which is very possible, do you think they would be sweating it come selection sunday?

 

They are 18-7 (5-6 ACC). They would end up 7-9 in conference play and 20-11 overall. I say they would have to lose out to not get in, but it would be getting interesting if they continued to struggle.

I believe only 2 teams ever from the ACC have made the tourney witha sub .500 record in conference play.

Duke still has some decent vital signs, SOS and the what not, but lack any true road victories because they refuse to play road games in the non-conference portion of their schedule.

^ I don't think that will effect Duke...and it is something I am glad that they may get a bias on....here's to hoping they don't need a favor.

If Duke gets to 20 wins then they definitely will be in, if anything because of their name. And its the same for at UK, UNC, etc. if these programs get to 20wins they are usually always going to get in the tournament...

My tiers are as follows now:

 

Florida, UNC

 

Wisconsin, Kansas, UCLA, OSU

 

Texas A & M, Pitt, Marquette

 

 

the rest

 

I like your teams, but A&M isn't getting enough respect. They're experienced and have a very defined go to guy. I would say they are on the same level as Kansas and Wisconsin. Plus I would add Georgetown to the list even though they've been at home recently. I think they might be getting hot at the right time of year.

Duke had an impressive run in the top 25, but with 4 losses there was no way the could say in the top 25.

I still have no idea as to what Ohio State has done to be ranked #2 in the nation:confused:

 

everybody is in love with Greg Oden. and honestly he has not lived up to the hype he had coming out IMO

Duke had an impressive run in the top 25, but with 4 losses there was no way the could say in the top 25.

 

 

Arizona lost 5 of 6 and somehow managed to stay put.

everybody is in love with Greg Oden. and honestly he has not lived up to the hype he had coming out IMO

 

They say his wrist has been injured pretty badly, but I share the same opinion as you.

:thumb:

They say his wrist has been injured pretty badly, but I share the same opinion as you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.