Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke drops from the rankings

Featured Replies

  • Replies 53
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duke falls out of the ESPN/USA Today Coaches Poll.

 

Kentucky stays at #18 - Duke falls from #16 to NR.

 

TEAM

----

1. FLORIDA (31) (23-2)

2. OHIO ST (22-3)

3. WISCONSIN (24-2)

4. NORTH CAROLINA (22-3)

5. PITTSBURGH (22-3)

6. TEXAS A&M (21-3)

7. UCLA (21-3)

8. KANSAS (21-4)

9. MEMPHIS (21-3)

10. NEVADA (22-2)

11. WASHINGTON ST (21-4)

12. BUTLER (23-3)

13. MARQUETTE (21-5)

14. AIR FORCE (21-4)

15. SOUTHN ILLINOIS (21-5)

16. GEORGETOWN (18-5)

17. OREGON (20-5)

18. KENTUCKY (18-6)

19. INDIANA (17-6)

20. OKLAHOMA ST (19-5)

21. BOSTON COLLEGE (18-6)

22. WEST VIRGINIA (19-5)

23. USC (18-7)

24. ARIZONA (17-7)

25. VIRGINIA TECH (17-7)

They should be out of the polls. Teams have been penalized all year for losing streaks and now its Duke's time. They aren't a top 25 team right now. Maybe later but not right now.

Kentucky stays in the same spot as last week in both polls:

 

ESPN/USA Today Coaches Poll: 18

AP Poll: 20

Duke deserved to be dissed, especially after being showed up by the Terps. UK didn't move, which is probably what they deserve after the Florida game.

After all the voting inconsistencies this season, I would have put money on Duke still being in the Top 25.

  • Author

First time Duke has been left out of ESPN poll EVER (started in 97/98)...still very impressive...Also its the first time they have been out of AP since 95/96!

I bet there having fried Coach K for dinner in Durham??!!

Long overdue for them to be out. I still say that I won't count this team out til that final buzzer in the NCAA tourney. I'm not saying they are going to win it all, but this team getting to the sweet 16 wouldn't surprise me.

but this team getting to the sweet 16 wouldn't surprise me.

 

But getting any farther would suprise me...

I bet there having fried Coach K for dinner in Durham??!!

 

Coach K has run it a muck!! Been falling ever since it peaked!! 5 loses in a row, Coach K has gotta go!!!! J/K>>>>>>>>>:D

 

I belive I've heard something to this effect before..................but not at Duke! I'm not a Duke fan but I do believe Coach K is a class act and is a must in college Basketball. I also feel the same about Coach T. Smith. I believe they have done a great job and a great service for college ball in this time and age. Players jumping to the NBA like kids getting of a merry-go round. It's hard to maintain a very competive team when players are looking at teams so they can play early and often and then make the jump. Coach K and Coach Smith have tried to get players that will stay and be competive in college and lead their teams to a final-four. It's hard to find those players now!!!

After all the voting inconsistencies this season, I would have put money on Duke still being in the Top 25.

And you'd be broke... :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.