Ashland 70 Greenup Co 55

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We played didnt we?

You got winners?

By the way, congrats to Drew on going to Georgetown, very good school and he will be able to play with one of Russell's finest, Josh Gross

Very deserving player:thumb:

Good win by the Tomcats tonight. They are a very solid team. See you monday afternnon

I was at the game last night, This is very unfair to coach Sutton, you have Hicks still in the stands and talking to players and parents. Not to mention any names but they are a couple of players doggin it. Wheather it be because Hicks is not the coach or because they just simply dont care at this point. They are not playing hard. Standing around not getting anything done. The shame of it is they are nobody on the bench to bring in to push the ones on the floor. If the players that are not playing hard dont decide to pick it up then the season is over. They wont get out of Lewis County with a win with the attitudes they have right now. Cant really judge Sutton on this years performance with efforts like he is getting from a couple of his players. This is the softest Greenup team Ive seen in a long time. The contraversy this season may be more than some of the players can handle. Especially when it is clear that some of the parents are still supporting Hicks. Its funny that the kids of the parents doing this are the ones not giving effort.

Good win for the Cats, a little easier than I thought,

I was told Coach Biggs said in the post game that tomorrow night was for the first place position in the Region, with Ashland and Elliot clearly distancing themselves from 3rd place Russell.

Did I get that right Giat?

Is that Kinda like a WARNING? :laugh:

I didnt listen to the entire post game interview, but I listened to most of it. I did NOT hear him say that.

I was at the game last night, This is very unfair to coach Sutton, you have Hicks still in the stands and talking to players and parents. Not to mention any names but they are a couple of players doggin it. Wheather it be because Hicks is not the coach or because they just simply dont care at this point. They are not playing hard. Standing around not getting anything done. The shame of it is they are nobody on the bench to bring in to push the ones on the floor. If the players that are not playing hard dont decide to pick it up then the season is over. They wont get out of Lewis County with a win with the attitudes they have right now. Cant really judge Sutton on this years performance with efforts like he is getting from a couple of his players. This is the softest Greenup team Ive seen in a long time. The contraversy this season may be more than some of the players can handle. Especially when it is clear that some of the parents are still supporting Hicks. Its funny that the kids of the parents doing this are the ones not giving effort.

Great post.

Some people just cannot go away quietly with some class.

Good win for the Cats, a little easier than I thought,

I was told Coach Biggs said in the post game that tomorrow night was for the first place position in the Region, with Ashland and Elliot clearly distancing themselves from 3rd place Russell.

Did I get that right Giat?

Is that Kinda like a WARNING? :laugh:

I seriously doubt he said this. I think you got your story mixed up.

What are the Ashland and Elliot fans gonna do tonight ? Go to the game and listen to UK on the radio ? Stay home to watch UK and listen to Ashland / Elliot on the radio ? If UK were playing anyone but Florida, I would go to this game. This might be the only time that a saturday night game hurts attendance.

Did anyone notice the T called on Travis Wright for getting up after taking a charge and fist pumping. what was that all about. Officials are getting whistle happy. The same official called a over the back on Mcdavid that was not even close. I dont like to see officials that assume violations. bottom line If you dont see it dont call it. I would rather miss a few violations than go around assuming them.

Still the same, Georgetown is always a contender in football as well and Drew was one of the best football players in the area as well.

:thumb: He'll have a great time at Georgetown. Coach Cronin runs a class football program there. He'll get a quality education and have a chance at an NAIA national championship every year. :thumb:

Did anyone notice the T called on Travis Wright for getting up after taking a charge and fist pumping. what was that all about. Officials are getting whistle happy. The same official called a over the back on Mcdavid that was not even close. I dont like to see officials that assume violations. bottom line If you dont see it dont call it. I would rather miss a few violations than go around assuming them.

I agree with this although I thought over all the refs did a good job last night. Being a ref has to be the toughest job in the world. I know I would not want to do it. Refs are human and they make mistakes. I thought the refs did a good job last night. :thumb: