Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

11 out of 21 JCPS football programs will have new head coaches in 2026

Featured Replies

I haven't gone back and formally checked, but it feels like that may be an all-time high...or at least a recent high.

1.) Central
2.) Doss
3.) Fern Creek
4.) Iroquois
5.) Jeffersontown
6.) Male
7.) Moore
8.) Pleasure Ridge Park
9.) Southern
10.) Valley
11.) Waggener

Elsewhere in Jefferson County:

1.) St. Xavier

  • Replies 48
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • theguru
    theguru

    I hate to be this way but we have to "fail" kids that don't pass instead of passing them along.  After long enough, and it has been long enough, the system goes down the drain and the kids are the vic

  • Tigerpride94
    Tigerpride94

    My coaching stipend as Asst. track Coach is small enough that I donate it back to the school. If I was doing it for the money would definitely not be enough for me to want to coach.

  • bruin66
    bruin66

    JCPS coaching stipend pay is a joke.  I know high school coaches do not do it for the money, but they should at least be fairly compensated as compared to surrounding areas.

Posted Images

Does that tell anyone else what it says to me? It just keeps getting more difficult each year. 

JCPS coaching stipend pay is a joke.  I know high school coaches do not do it for the money, but they should at least be fairly compensated as compared to surrounding areas.

With looming budget cuts, JCPS is nothing to get excited about. We are losing good coaches at an alarming rate.  Top head coaching pay is$8749, top assistant pay is $5249. That is probably better than most private schools pay their assistants.  Private HCs are probably negotiated a little different.  

 

17 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I haven't gone back and formally checked, but it feels like that may be an all-time high...or at least a recent high.

1.) Central
2.) Doss
3.) Fern Creek
4.) Iroquois
5.) Jeffersontown
6.) Male
7.) Moore
8.) Pleasure Ridge Park
9.) Valley
10.) Waggener

There's usually some trading back in forth when it comes to coaching positions in JCPS. I know Moore's coach went to Central. Did any other head coaches leave one spot for another?

Do private schools typically have set stipends in their budget? If so, how much wiggle room do they get to negotiate with?

5 hours ago, bruin66 said:

JCPS coaching stipend pay is a joke.  I know high school coaches do not do it for the money, but they should at least be fairly compensated as compared to surrounding areas.

Stipend is a joke, yes. But that teacher salary more than makes up for it, especially once you have some years in. Now is it worth it to have to work in some of these schools? Probably not. 

 

The reason some of these schools can't find/keep good coaches is because its virtually impossible to compete on a consistent basis.

38 minutes ago, wingt51 said:

Stipend is a joke, yes. But that teacher salary more than makes up for it, especially once you have some years in. Now is it worth it to have to work in some of these schools? Probably not. 

 

The reason some of these schools can't find/keep good coaches is because its virtually impossible to compete on a consistent basis.

My point is that they can quit coaching, keep their teaching jobs, lose very little pay and still make a good living.  Why put up with the things they have to put up with for very little financial benefit?

5 hours ago, JagNation said:

Do private schools typically have set stipends in their budget? If so, how much wiggle room do they get to negotiate with?

Private schools can set up their stipends as they wish and not publish them.

5 hours ago, JagNation said:

Do private schools typically have set stipends in their budget? If so, how much wiggle room do they get to negotiate with?

My coaching stipend as Asst. track Coach is small enough that I donate it back to the school. If I was doing it for the money would definitely not be enough for me to want to coach.

As a whole JCPS was 98-135 in football.  That was 21 schools who competed.  4.6 wins per team.  That number includes some teams that had exceptional years.  I am not sure that this makes much of an impact in the coaching carousel. I will say that the lack of support from the top is a reflection of the success.  IF you sit around and wait on a program to get good before you get behind it, it is too late.  

I saw a stat in the recent news about the budget..... It cost almost $27k per student.  When I see that number, I cannot help but wonder how a private school can educated a kid in a nicer building with nicer facilities, and in most cases higher quality education.   Probably a topic for a totally different discussion.  I only wonder if there is this much money available for kids why aren't the given a higher quality experience?

3 minutes ago, Footballfan24 said:

As a whole JCPS was 98-135 in football.  That was 21 schools who competed.  4.6 wins per team.  That number includes some teams that had exceptional years.  I am not sure that this makes much of an impact in the coaching carousel. I will say that the lack of support from the top is a reflection of the success.  IF you sit around and wait on a program to get good before you get behind it, it is too late.  

I saw a stat in the recent news about the budget..... It cost almost $27k per student.  When I see that number, I cannot help but wonder how a private school can educated a kid in a nicer building with nicer facilities, and in most cases higher quality education.   Probably a topic for a totally different discussion.  I only wonder if there is this much money available for kids why aren't the given a higher quality experience?

Private schools get donations from alumni to fund facilities which helps off set tuition since it would need to be higher to cover those improvements. St. X is doing multi million renovation of PE and Football locker rooms right now and that is from donations. In JCPS they have higher salaries that also increases cost per student. 

 

11 minutes ago, Footballfan24 said:

As a whole JCPS was 98-135 in football.  That was 21 schools who competed.  4.6 wins per team.  That number includes some teams that had exceptional years.  I am not sure that this makes much of an impact in the coaching carousel. I will say that the lack of support from the top is a reflection of the success.  IF you sit around and wait on a program to get good before you get behind it, it is too late.  

I saw a stat in the recent news about the budget..... It cost almost $27k per student.  When I see that number, I cannot help but wonder how a private school can educated a kid in a nicer building with nicer facilities, and in most cases higher quality education.   Probably a topic for a totally different discussion.  I only wonder if there is this much money available for kids why aren't the given a higher quality experience?

Administrative bloat!...too many high paying jobs to people who don't have direct contact/impact with students.  

32 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Private schools get donations from alumni to fund facilities which helps off set tuition since it would need to be higher to cover those improvements. St. X is doing multi million renovation of PE and Football locker rooms right now and that is from donations. In JCPS they have higher salaries that also increases cost per student. 

 

The difference in pay for teachers in negligible in the grand scheme. There some well paid teachers in the privates.  There are also some well paid administrators in the privates.  I think X and T are close to $16k for tuition, are donors giving that much per kid to make up the difference? I am sure there are donors who want to give to their public schools but they don't. Not all charitable people went to private school. Would you give money to an organization who has routinely demonstrated that they cannot manage it?

 

  • Author
23 minutes ago, Footballfan24 said:

The difference in pay for teachers in negligible in the grand scheme. There some well paid teachers in the privates.  There are also some well paid administrators in the privates.  I think X and T are close to $16k for tuition, are donors giving that much per kid to make up the difference? I am sure there are donors who want to give to their public schools but they don't. Not all charitable people went to private school. Would you give money to an organization who has routinely demonstrated that they cannot manage it?

Yes.

For Catholic schools, fundraising is a part of everyday life, along with their annual appeals.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.