Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

In the trenches

Featured Replies

Since football games are won and lost in trenches where the big guys block and tackle who do you say has the biggest and best lines among the high school football teams?

  • Replies 38
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Tigerpride94
    Tigerpride94

    I don't think you can be a top 5 team in each class without being good in the trenches.

  • DevilMayCare
    DevilMayCare

    Johnson Central has long been an OL-centric program. This year's group is maybe the best they've had in several years. Very athletic.  

  • The most underrated part of being a good/great lineman (and/or core unit).   "If you can't run, you can't play" doesn't just apply to the guys touching the ball. It applies equally (relatively sp

Posted Images

One member mentioned Highlands maybe having the best OL in the state. 

I'd have to say far as defensive lines are concerned, Trinity might have the best in the state. 

3 minutes ago, St. Matthews Boy said:

I'd have to say far as defensive lines are concerned, Trinity might have the best in the state. 

They sure look the part. 

I don't think you can be a top 5 team in each class without being good in the trenches.

  • Author

The running backs get most of the glory in this game but without the O-line the numbers wouldn’t be there.

Trinity has THE best D-Line of 2025. Not trying to agitate, but Highlands OL would be toast. If all we are talking is strictly OL vs DL?

If it was by class size then obviously 6A and 5A would have the most size. Best is arbitrary at this point. 

25 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

If it was by class size then obviously 6A and 5A would have the most size. Best is arbitrary at this point. 

Name some 1A, 2A, 3A lines that deserve recognition, bring the awareness to the forefront. I think that is what the OP is alluding to.

  • Author

It is true that the schools with bigger enrollment will have more kids to choose from. Thus enabling them to have bigger and better lines, so yes what about the smaller classes!

50 minutes ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

Name some 1A, 2A, 3A lines that deserve recognition, bring the awareness to the forefront. I think that is what the OP is alluding to.

In 3A Lloyd has been nothing short of spectacular so far this year. Now if they can maintain that for a deep playoff run is the question.

I’d bring attention to Murray’s OLine.  They’ve done a superb job protecting Robbins and going over 420 yrds/game thus far.  Also, they play with 4 sophomores and 1 junior since week 1 when Carmen (Sr) went down @ Apollo. 

1 hour ago, Honey Badger said:

In 3A Lloyd has been nothing short of spectacular so far this year. Now if they can maintain that for a deep playoff run is the question.

D-Line, or O-line? Or both? I assume at 3A, they likely go both ways, but are they most dominant on defense or offense?

11 minutes ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

D-Line, or O-line? Or both? I assume at 3A, they likely go both ways, but are they most dominant on defense or offense?

They are cleaning it up on both ends. No one has been able to run the ball on them and they have been running the ball right down their opponents throats. Looks like they try to rotate some on defense to stay fresh. They got a stud in Billy Lewis Jr who plays DE and TE. I can't say exactly how many go both ways. Next time I watch some film on them I will try to pay better attention. On the O line I think they try to keep them just on offense to stay fresh. They are pretty blessed in depth and I would say that has alot to do with whoever is coaching them up.

Almost 1000 yards rushing in 5 games, while staying undefeated, that sounds like a legit line @Honey Badger. 232 rush yards vs Campbell Co, and also 199 against Conner. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.