Basketball Recruiting on the Nonprofit Margins (Must Read)

gametime

Out of curiousity, what was that figure?

This makes me wonder, (and I hate to make this a thread about UK-- especially about recruiting) how do UK boosters and Tubby figure into the equation? Are the doling out the cash, too?

Not a chance. Sandy Bell is on top of everything to keep that stuff from happening. I would almost say she hurts our recruiting more than she helps it with the way she patrols our recruiting.

Not a chance. Sandy Bell is on top of everything to keep that stuff from happening. I would almost say she hurts our recruiting more than she helps it with the way she patrols our recruiting.

See that what I'm thinking. Couple that with Tubby's old-school style and that could go a long way in explaining recruiting woes. Sounds like UK just isn't keeping up with the Joneses. But if that's the way its going, do what you have to do.

Terrible new avatar, by the way. :devil:

Based on the big fish that have picked other hooks lately, I can draw an easy conclusion...

More of a reason why Tubby is a great fit for UK. You have a group of overzealous and stupid boosters/fans that would easily pay $150,000 for UK to land a Durant. Hopefully, Tubby puts a nix on those situations.

More of a reason why Tubby is a great fit for UK. You have a group of overzealous and stupid boosters/fans that would easily pay $150,000 for UK to land a Durant. Hopefully, Tubby puts a nix on those situations.

Hey, it's not my money. I wouldn't be upset if someone who had the cash forked it over and Tubby was coaching Durant this season. Maybe Tubby needs to lose a little bit of his integrity and turn a blind eye to the boosters. ;)

I will say to many who are following this post to caution about involving head coachs. Often, heads are never involved directly with the ins and outs of how the kids are lured to the campus. They know but dont actually know. Recruiting coordinators are often closely knit with boosters and how their booster money is funneled. That is how a kid like durant can end up at texas with one hundred grand in his pocket and the head coach and honestly say, "I didnt know any of that was going on" and actually be telling the truth. All he knew is that during a meeting in June he said that he wanted to get that kid and the wheels are in motion.

See that what I'm thinking. Couple that with Tubby's old-school style and that could go a long way in explaining recruiting woes. Sounds like UK just isn't keeping up with the Joneses. But if that's the way its going, do what you have to do.

Terrible new avatar, by the way. :devil:

Like you even know what it is...:rolleyes:

You guys need to read this story about the sad state of affairs in youth b-ball where a team will promise to FLY IN a 10 year old to participate in a tournament.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/03/AR2006070300718.html

I did in fact read this story, but the simple fact that there is discussion of a 10 year old in the college sports forum speaks volumes about the state of youth basketball today, and even more scary, where it is heading.