Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Orleans Attack

Featured Replies

A lot of good information in this story: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-orleans-vehicle-crash-bourbon-street-crowd-casualties-shooting/

  • The attacker is a US citizen.
  • Police believe he did not act alone.
  • ISIS flag found in the truck.
  • Attacker was wearing body armor
  • Barriers, a car and police were in place but attacker drove up on a sidewalk around them.
  • Two IED's in the truck and another one was found in the French Quarter and detonated by police.
  • Attacker rented an Airbnb and a fire broke out at the Airbnb today.
  • Replies 40
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I’ve been to New Orleans and been on Bourbon Street. The fact that there is any way someone can drive onto Bourbon Street like this is criminal and gross negligence on the part of the City of New Orle

  • Jumper_Dad
    Jumper_Dad

    Agreed, there is no way access should be possible. I too was shocked to see how accessible the entire French Quarter was, especially Bourbon Street.  NYC uses dump trucks filled with sand to bloc

  • Yep. Place emergency vehicles inside a perimeter, and beyond that it should be literally impossible to get a vehicle anywhere near people down there. 

Posted Images

From ESPN:

Former Princeton football player Tiger Bech, an All-Ivy League kick returner, was among those killed in the deadly pickup truck attack early Wednesday in New Orleans.

15 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

It’s a shame all the craziness in our world.

After reading through this, I know it’s a much smaller scale, but what’s in place to keep this from happening in Cincy’s Dora section or during on the Bengals tailgates at the banks? I remember thinking before one game that would be an awful spot for something like this to happen.

You really have to be on your toes down at the Banks for just that reason.  And normally you would hear a vehicle accelerating but not an electric one, ugh. 

  • Author

FBI looking for individuals found on video planting explosive devices before the attack. That's why they are confident others were involved. 

  • Author

Police car was blocking the street, he drove around up on the sidewalk and immediately started hitting people walking there.

 

  • Author

Authorities initially looking at this as a possible terrorist event as well.

One report said the Cybertruck used in Vegas and the truck used in New Orleans were rented from the same online vehicle rental app.

Screenshot_20250101-173258_X.jpg

I ask everyone to listen the Shawn Ryan Podcast episode 149. It features CIA analyst Sarah Adams aka "Superbad", she pretty much called this. It's very frightening and enlightening. 

21 minutes ago, Luke Warmwater said:

I ask everyone to listen the Shawn Ryan Podcast episode 149. It features CIA analyst Sarah Adams aka "Superbad", she pretty much called this. It's very frightening and enlightening. 

I have never listened to a podcast in my life and have no idea how to do it. Can you share some of the information from the podcast?

16 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I have never listened to a podcast in my life and have no idea how to do it. Can you share some of the information from the podcast?

I typically listen to Shawn Ryan on Amazon Music, but I believe he's on YouTube and maybe Spotify as well. 

  • Author

The more I see the more I think the Las Vegas attack and New Orleans may be unconnected. 

37 minutes ago, theguru said:

update.jpg

Call me crazy, but I think I’d prefer the two situations to be connected. I’d feel better feeling like we’re tracking one pack of psychos than a bunch of small sects of them.

16 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Call me crazy, but I think I’d prefer the two situations to be connected. I’d feel better feeling like we’re tracking one pack of psychos than a bunch of small sects of them.

Same.

And on the the Vegas bomb, news reports say the perpetrator was a highly decorated US army Green Beret who deployed twice to Afghanistan.  Additionally, US special operations command confirmed that the perp was assigned to the command and on leave at the time of his death.

So both the attackers were in (or retired from) the Army, ugh.

15 minutes ago, theguru said:

Same.

And on the the Vegas bomb, news reports say the perpetrator was a highly decorated US army Green Beret who deployed twice to Afghanistan.  Additionally, US special operations command confirmed that the perp was assigned to the command and on leave at the time of his death.

So both the attackers were in (or retired from) the Army, ugh.

.... and both were deployed to Afghanistan.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.