Steve Adams named West Jessamine head coach

Fired up for Steve and the Colts! Congratulations!

One of the best in the business just picked up his whistle again. Those kids are fortunate to have what he will bring to the table in terms of discipline, expectations & standards. Go get em!

• Like 1

A little bit of a surprise based on the rumors on the street but this is a really good hire. Adams gets the best out of his teams. Easily one of the top coaches in the 12th.

How long was he out of coaching? I’m thinking maybe 5 years or so. Must have really missed it. Anyone know if he will also be teaching at West?

On 4/17/2024 at 7:25 AM, QueenoftheSouth said:

A little bit of a surprise based on the rumors on the street but this is a really good hire. Adams gets the best out of his teams. Easily one of the top coaches in the 12th.

How long was he out of coaching? I’m thinking maybe 5 years or so. Must have really missed it. Anyone know if he will also be teaching at West?

2018-19 was his last season coaching at Boyle Co.  Good hire, Steve is a very disciplined coach so it will be adjustment from the interim they had this season that seemed very mild mannered.

I feel like this is a home run hire. A guy who knows how to build a program. Someone who has a won a lot. And a guy that always has his teams playing their best basketball at the right time. Congrats to the Colts and Coach Adams! 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, 12th Region Fan said:

I feel like this is a home run hire. A guy who knows how to build a program. Someone who has a won a lot. And a guy that always has his teams playing their best basketball at the right time. Congrats to the Colts and Coach Adams! 

Plus West normally has some tallent and he doesn't have to deal with deep football playoff runs.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

22 minutes ago, okie1 said:

Plus West normally has some tallent and he doesn't have to deal with deep football playoff runs.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

They don't have much right now, but I'm sure that will cycle back through with their history and tradition.  I think that's a good point about football, and I'm sure that excites Coach Adams. 

On 4/19/2024 at 11:59 AM, LethalPG said:

They don't have much right now, but I'm sure that will cycle back through with their history and tradition.  I think that's a good point about football, and I'm sure that excites Coach Adams. 

Their young group isn’t bad. And they have a 7 footer in the middle. I expect them to be competitive in year one. 

6 hours ago, 12th Region Fan said:

Their young group isn’t bad. And they have a 7 footer in the middle. I expect them to be competitive in year one. 

Didn’t realize they had a 7 footer.  Should be a good district, and a lot of competitive games. 

On 4/20/2024 at 2:41 PM, 12th Region Fan said:

That current sophomore group plays as hard as any group I’ve seen, but needs some discipline. That’s Adams’ strength. 

I don’t think they’ll win it next year but I do think they’ll be in that top 5 or so range. 

10 hours ago, QueenoftheSouth said:

That current sophomore group plays as hard as any group I’ve seen, but needs some discipline. That’s Adams’ strength. 

I don’t think they’ll win it next year but I do think they’ll be in that top 5 or so range. 

Top 5 is high praise for what is returning next season.  Maybe I'm not as familiar with them, but I would say Pulaski Co, Rock, DCA, Wayne, Mercer, Lincoln in some order before I would think of West Jess.   

1 hour ago, LethalPG said:

Top 5 is high praise for what is returning next season.  Maybe I'm not as familiar with them, but I would say Pulaski Co, Rock, DCA, Wayne, Mercer, Lincoln in some order before I would think of West Jess.   

I think they could very well be in that 5-6 range. Mercer is the only team in that group that I’m confident will be superior to them. I do think they’re better than Lincoln. Deeper talent and now have a coach to compete with Coach Jackson.

DCA is really going to struggle next year with depth. I can see them landing in that 5-6 range as well with what they are losing.

TBD what Wayne looks like with their new coach and if any of the transfer rumors materialize. I do think Pulaski will continue to be in the top annually.

Anyway, with the addition of their new big kid and Coach Adams, I think they’ll now be in the mix and be competitive. Likely be very good the following year relative to the rest of the 12th.

2 hours ago, LethalPG said:

Wayne may be taking a hit this week. 

• Like 1