Steve Adams named West Jessamine head coach

3 hours ago, QueenoftheSouth said:

DCA is really going to struggle next year with depth. I can see them landing in that 5-6 range as well with what they are losing.

DCA has 4 starters back from a team that won 25 games and 5 if you count Inmon, who started up until Ateny became eligible.  The 4 main starters are as good as any top 4 in the region.  They'll definitely miss Dut so I can understand why you'd say that.  

I'd argue that Leek Ateny has a bigger upside than any other player in the region.  He's only a going to be a junior, he's 6-10 and still growing, and averaged a double double.  They have 2 kids who were sophomores this year with potential in Dadisman and Motley.  If they can just get solid play out of that 5th slot and not be hurt much when they sub they should be alright.  If you look at the rosters and game stats of most of the top teams in the region they all drop off significantly by the time you get to slots 5-7.  Just about every coach in the reason has the same problem, they hope some of the young players can improve enough in the off season to help them out next year and at the very least, not hurt them.

13 hours ago, LethalPG said:

Not Boyle?  That is a tremendous loss for Wayne co athletics. 

He’s been rumored to be moving for some time. This is a better football school than Wayne with a chance to be very competitive in basketball next year, and not too far from home. With just 1 year left for a kid playing receiver, Boyle is loaded at the skill positions so that may have been part of the consideration. Plus, Southwest figures to be the better option for basketball (compared to Boyle).