Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2024 NKY Frosh Football Scores & Rankings

Featured Replies

10 hours ago, Walter_White said:

Big one in Park Hills tonight. I believe Campbell is undefeated and CovCath has 1 loss.

I'm thinking of heading there tonight.  Is Dylan Courtney CCH's QB or is he still injured?

  • Replies 201
  • Views 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Beechwood 28 SK 21

  • Jack of all Trades
    Jack of all Trades

    And just two short years ago these kids were pretty much written off.  Showed progress last year and it has continued.  Guess that is what happens when coaches teach them the game and how it is played

Posted Images

10 hours ago, RedHawk said:

I'm thinking of heading there tonight.  Is Dylan Courtney CCH's QB or is he still injured?

Believe he is still injured.

  • Author
10 hours ago, Walter_White said:

Big one in Park Hills tonight. I believe Campbell is undefeated and CovCath has 1 loss.

Both teams were 3-1 coming into last night's game.

Campbell County beat Beechwood 14-12 in Week 1, lost 21-14 to Harrison (OH) in Week 2, beat Conner 22-12 in Week 3, and beat Cooper 36-14 in Week 4.

Cov Cath lost 34-19 to Highlands in Week 1, beat Ryle 20-7 in Week 2, beat Simon Kenton 41-22 in Week 3, and beat Beechwood 27-6 in Week 4.
 

 

  • Author
10 hours ago, RedHawk said:

I'm thinking of heading there tonight.  Is Dylan Courtney CCH's QB or is he still injured?

10 hours ago, Walter_White said:

Believe he is still injured.

Evan Link was in at quarterback tonight.

I haven't watched any freshman football this season for Cov Cath thus far, but he looked REALLY good. Was Courtney starting over Link earlier in the season? Because tonight Link quite frankly looked like exactly the kind of quarterback Coach Eviston loves...tall, great arm, and runs the ball well. There were several times over that I felt like I could have been watching AJ Mayer, Caleb Jacob, or Evan Pitzer tonight rather than Link. I linked a Twitter video of one pass he had in the second half that just...wow.

10 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Evan Link was in at quarterback tonight.

I haven't watched any freshman football this season for Cov Cath thus far, but he looked REALLY good. Was Courtney starting over Link earlier in the season? Because tonight Link quite frankly looked like exactly the kind of quarterback Coach Eviston loves...tall, great arm, and runs the ball well. There were several times over that I felt like I could have been watching AJ Mayer, Caleb Jacob, or Evan Pitzer tonight rather than Link. I linked a Twitter video of one pass he had in the second half that just...wow.

I watched most of the Highlands game and Courtney looked pretty good. A lefty that can move and had a pretty solid arm. I thought if we had to start him as a junior, we’d be in pretty good shape. 

1 hour ago, CCHFC said:

I watched most of the Highlands game and Courtney looked pretty good. A lefty that can move and had a pretty solid arm. I thought if we had to start him as a junior, we’d be in pretty good shape. 

Both are really good freshman football players.  Link is bigger and definitely stronger at this age, but may not have much growing left in him.  Courtney has more athleticism and likely has a bit of growing to do still.   Don’t think you can go wrong either way. 
 

If you are thinking they could play as a junior, what does that mean for Queen? He’d be a senior when they are juniors. 

1 hour ago, bigblue96 said:

Both are really good freshman football players.  Link is bigger and definitely stronger at this age, but may not have much growing left in him.  Courtney has more athleticism and likely has a bit of growing to do still.   Don’t think you can go wrong either way. 
 

If you are thinking they could play as a junior, what does that mean for Queen? He’d be a senior when they are juniors. 

I don’t think either of these guys would beat out a year older Emmett Queen. I think Queen will be a very good player (his arm is already very good), but with the way the QB market goes, I’m not positive he’s going to be on the 26 roster if Cash Harney holds down the job through next spring. 

No inside info, but just being realistic about things for QB first athletes that want to see the field and get recruited. 

3 hours ago, bigblue96 said:

Both are really good freshman football players.  Link is bigger and definitely stronger at this age, but may not have much growing left in him.  Courtney has more athleticism and likely has a bit of growing to do still.   Don’t think you can go wrong either way. 
 

If you are thinking they could play as a junior, what does that mean for Queen? He’d be a senior when they are juniors. 

I totally agree, both are really fine athletic players, either of who will be ready by their Junior years.  Is Link getting any JV QB reps? 
 

Not sure what the Queen plan will be? Would he be content just starting his Sr. Year? Will he just take his UK offer, commit and stay put? If he transfers, which school has a starting QB role next year?  

Birds 37 SK 20 Final

2 hours ago, RedHawk said:

I totally agree, both are really fine athletic players, either of who will be ready by their Junior years.  Is Link getting any JV QB reps? 
 

Not sure what the Queen plan will be? Would he be content just starting his Sr. Year? Will he just take his UK offer, commit and stay put? If he transfers, which school has a starting QB role next year?  

Beechwood will need a qb and have plenty of offensive weapons returning … but will also need an offensive line. 

Beechwood 28-8 over Dixie. Boone's freshmore team played Ryle on Tuesday evening and lost 35-12.

  • Author
On 9/22/2024 at 12:05 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Week 5 Games: Sep 23-Sep 29
Wed Sep 25 Campbell County at Covington Catholic 6:00pm
Wed Sep 25 Cooper at Conner 6:00pm
Thu Sep 26 Dixie Heights at Beechwood 6:00pm

Thu Sep 26 Highlands at Simon Kenton 6:00pm
Thu Sep 26 Ryle at Boone County Froshmore 6:00pm

Week 5 Results: Sep 23-Sep29
Beechwood 28 Dixie Heights 8
Cooper 28 Conner 12
Covington Catholic 57 Campbell County 34
Highlands 37 Simon Kenton 20
Ryle 35 Boone County Froshmore 12
 

  • Author
19 hours ago, Workhorse said:

Birds 37 SK 20 Final

Not gonna lie, based on Cov Cath's 41-22 win over Simon Kenton and Highlands' 33-19 win over Cov Cath back in Week 1, I was expecting to see Highlands beat Simon Kenton by a decent bit more than 17 points.

  • Author

5 weeks into the 9 week regular season:

Highlands (4-1)
Covington Catholic (4-1)
Campbell County (3-2)
Ryle (3-2)
Simon Kenton (3-2)
Beechwood (2-3)
Cooper (1-4)
Conner (1-4)
Dixie Heights (1-4)


0TuQ8qx.jpeg

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.