Lloyd Memorial 59 Beechwood 30 (9th Region)

• theguru changed the title to Lloyd Memorial 59 Beechwood 30 (9th Region)
44 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

Is this about what you expected, 9th Region folks?

Yes.  In spite of the poll.  Sullivan is solid, but they don't have the dudes for a motivated Lloyd team, which I assumed Coach Walker could muster up in the 9th Region Tourney.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

Is this about what you expected, 9th Region folks?

Expected a Lloyd win but not this dominant. Beechwood’s shots weren’t falling. Lloyd was the aggressor and didn’t step off the gas. 

As easily as Lloyd won this one, if they play the same against Newport they will lose by double digits. Beechwood had so many open shots and could not put the ball in the basket. The key for Lloyd was Walker shut Sullivan down and no one else on Beechwood could score. Blackburn found his game late but it was over by then.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

As easily as Lloyd won this one, if they play the same against Newport they will lose by double digits. Beechwood had so many open shots and could not put the ball in the basket. The key for Lloyd was Walker shut Sullivan down and no one else on Beechwood could score. Blackburn found his game late but it was over by then.

These are good points. But with that being said after watching the Newport game, if they shoot the ball like they did last night I don’t see any way the game isn’t a single digit margin. Newport did not shoot the ball well at all.

• Like 1

Am I mis-remembering, or was there some fireworks in the post-game handshake line last year between Lloyd and Newport after their Regional Semi game in 2023?  Could make Sunday's early game must-see, I'm all for a little deep-seeded hatred.  😇

24 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

Am I mis-remembering, or was there some fireworks in the post-game handshake line last year between Lloyd and Newport after their Regional Semi game in 2023?  Could make Sunday's early game must-see, I'm all for a little deep-seeded hatred.  😇

Yes, before all hell broke loose in the concourse. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What happened in the concourse was completely unrelated to Lloyd. I’m sure there will be no handshake line this year at NKU as there wasn’t one in the regular season at Newport. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hollywood23 said:

What happened in the concourse was completely unrelated to Lloyd. I’m sure there will be no handshake line this year at NKU as there wasn’t one in the regular season at Newport. 

Correct, Newport related , really just family v family. 

• Like 2