Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Survivor: Season 46

Featured Replies

  • Replies 54
  • Views 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • MJAlltheWay24
    MJAlltheWay24

    I decided last night, you can immediately tell how athletic or unathletic someone is based on how they jump into water.

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    Last night was just ok. I feel like they are still in the let's get to know these people stage. Thankfully Jess sent home. My question on her is how did she even make it through casting? Total dud in

  • MJAlltheWay24
    MJAlltheWay24

    Pretty anti-climatic last night, but so glad we don't have to listen to him whining throughout whole episodes anymore.

Posted Images

I have to give Kenzie credit. She didn't do a whole lot, but her social game was very good. I'm a little surprised Maria didn't vote for Charlie, who really did play the best overall game and I think was most deserving. This season for me though was that there were a lot of weak players, many of which had no self awareness, and were just out of touch with what was going on around them.

I agree that Charlie played the best game. But the person who played the best game usually does not win Survivor.

Kenzie played a good game and I am ok with her winning.

Liz is delusional.

Now, two things that I found very irritating in this final episode.

1. I think it is outrageous that they let Liz do part of an immunity challenge for Kenzie. That should never be allowed - NEVER!  I cannot believe they let that happen. Probst completely blew it letting that happen.

2. Kenzie won votes, and won the game IMO because of her story of working for nothing her whole life. That is why Maria voted for her and Q also. That should not be the reason why you vote for someone.  What they are going to do with the money should not be the reason why you vote for someone. If that is how you are going to decide your vote, then they don't even need to play the game. Everyone can just line up on the beach and tell their background story and what they're going to do with the money and have the vote. How you played the game should far outweigh anything else in how you vote.

  • Author
6 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I agree that Charlie played the best game. But the person who played the best game usually does not win Survivor.

Kenzie played a good game and I am ok with her winning.

Liz is delusional.

Now, two things that I found very irritating in this final episode.

1. I think it is outrageous that they let Liz do part of an immunity challenge for Kenzie. That should never be allowed - NEVER!  I cannot believe they let that happen. Probst completely blew it letting that happen.

2. Kenzie won votes, and won the game IMO because of her story of working for nothing her whole life. That is why Maria voted for her and Q also. That should not be the reason why you vote for someone.  What they are going to do with the money should not be the reason why you vote for someone. If that is how you are going to decide your vote, then they don't even need to play the game. Everyone can just line up on the beach and tell their background story and what they're going to do with the money and have the vote. How you played the game should far outweigh anything else in how you vote.

Completely agree with #2, everyone can spin a sob story.

7 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I agree that Charlie played the best game. But the person who played the best game usually does not win Survivor.

Kenzie played a good game and I am ok with her winning.

Liz is delusional.

Now, two things that I found very irritating in this final episode.

1. I think it is outrageous that they let Liz do part of an immunity challenge for Kenzie. That should never be allowed - NEVER!  I cannot believe they let that happen. Probst completely blew it letting that happen.

2. Kenzie won votes, and won the game IMO because of her story of working for nothing her whole life. That is why Maria voted for her and Q also. That should not be the reason why you vote for someone.  What they are going to do with the money should not be the reason why you vote for someone. If that is how you are going to decide your vote, then they don't even need to play the game. Everyone can just line up on the beach and tell their background story and what they're going to do with the money and have the vote. How you played the game should far outweigh anything else in how you vote.

That's the rub with how the winner is determined in this game. It ultimately comes down to personal feelings of the jury. Almost every jury has at least a couple people that base their votes on stuff other than gameplay, which is why your social game is way more important than your physical game. And most contestants know this....look how many contestants have tried to hide their background/profession in fear of people labeling them as "not needing" the money. Kenzie's background, combined with the fact that she did just enough in the game physically and behind the scenes, along with a super strong social game gave her the game, even though she wasn't the strongest player. I'm fine with Kenzie winning even though I was kind of pulling for Charlie. Super glad Ben and Liz didn't win as they were two of the more annoying players in recent history (which this season had a bunch of annoying, weak players)

A couple takeaways and comments on this season:

Pre-merge this season was bad. It just wasn't clicking. But I could see strong players and said when we get to the merge, it will get good - and I think it did.

Idols - Anyone who goes home with an idol is dumb. If you know you are getting any votes at all, play the idol then go looking again. Don't tell anyone you have an idol until you are are going to play it - then leverage it. If you tell anyone - ANYONE - before you plan to use it, then you forced yourself to use it because you just put a target on yourself.

Immunity Challenge Help - Probst made a big mistake letting Liz help Kenzie at the immunity challenge - or did he? I am not a conspiracy guy but that was so egregious, it makes me wonder if they were ok letting Liz help. If Maria wins that challenge, it is probably the least dramatic final tribal in Survivor history. No way anyone could get a vote except Maria. It was over if Maria won that challenge. Even if she lost the next one and had to make fire, no one would have beaten her in the fire challenge. So did Probst let Liz help Kenzie on purpose? He has stopped people from helping someone else in a challenge in the past. Verbal help is ok but not physical help. Why did he let it happen this time?

 

On 5/25/2024 at 5:50 PM, Voice of Reason said:

A couple takeaways and comments on this season:

Pre-merge this season was bad. It just wasn't clicking. But I could see strong players and said when we get to the merge, it will get good - and I think it did.

Idols - Anyone who goes home with an idol is dumb. If you know you are getting any votes at all, play the idol then go looking again. Don't tell anyone you have an idol until you are are going to play it - then leverage it. If you tell anyone - ANYONE - before you plan to use it, then you forced yourself to use it because you just put a target on yourself.

Immunity Challenge Help - Probst made a big mistake letting Liz help Kenzie at the immunity challenge - or did he? I am not a conspiracy guy but that was so egregious, it makes me wonder if they were ok letting Liz help. If Maria wins that challenge, it is probably the least dramatic final tribal in Survivor history. No way anyone could get a vote except Maria. It was over if Maria won that challenge. Even if she lost the next one and had to make fire, no one would have beaten her in the fire challenge. So did Probst let Liz help Kenzie on purpose? He has stopped people from helping someone else in a challenge in the past. Verbal help is ok but not physical help. Why did he let it happen this time?

 

Agree with all of this. Also I would like to see them switch the starting tribes up. Like it’s fine to have 3 tribes of 6 but just not every season, the players are starting to predict exactly what and when everything major will be like the merge etc. Have 2 tribes of 10 sometimes, 2 tribes of 8 sometimes etc. Then we come to the casting, I realize they have to get certain players for dei, but I feel like there is no true diversity in the cast as far as personality, most of the players are the same.

2 hours ago, AirYardGo said:

Agree with all of this. Also I would like to see them switch the starting tribes up. Like it’s fine to have 3 tribes of 6 but just not every season, the players are starting to predict exactly what and when everything major will be like the merge etc. Have 2 tribes of 10 sometimes, 2 tribes of 8 sometimes etc. Then we come to the casting, I realize they have to get certain players for dei, but I feel like there is no true diversity in the cast as far as personality, most of the players are the same.

I actually think Survivor is over the top on the DEI stuff. This season had 11 DEI of the 18 cast members. They almost always have 3, 4 maybe 5 LGBTQ cast members - way more than what fits the demographics. The most under-represented demographic in their casts is heterosexual, white male. If they went by demographics, there would always be more heterosexual white males in the cast than LGBTQ cast members but that is not the case. But they are trying to make a show and not match demographics so I get it. And I think that is along the lines of your point too. 

  • Author

Survivor kinda "Jumped the Shark" when Probst quit saying, "Guys come on in" when the cast came together for competitions.

On 5/25/2024 at 7:45 AM, Voice of Reason said:

2. Kenzie won votes, and won the game IMO because of her story of working for nothing her whole life. That is why Maria voted for her and Q also. That should not be the reason why you vote for someone.  What they are going to do with the money should not be the reason why you vote for someone. If that is how you are going to decide your vote, then they don't even need to play the game. Everyone can just line up on the beach and tell their background story and what they're going to do with the money and have the vote. How you played the game should far outweigh anything else in how you vote.

I was in the room when my wife and daughter watched the finale, but I quit watching the show a few years ago.  Stupid juries played the largest role in that.  Endless crying is the other.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.