12th Region Week 12 Rankings and Review

10 hours ago, LethalPG said:

Southwestern defeated Mercer Co. Tonight 54-40.  The Warriors are playing good ball to close the season. 

That’s a big win for Coach Dunbar and the Warriors. I have always thought Coach Dunbar does a really good job getting his teams prepared. I look for them to be a hard out for someone in the first round of the region. After these last couple weeks the Warriors should have a ton of confidence! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 12th Region Fan said:

That’s a big win for Coach Dunbar and the Warriors. I have always thought Coach Dunbar does a really good job getting his teams prepared. I look for them to be a hard out for someone in the first round of the region. After these last couple weeks the Warriors should have a ton of confidence! 

They have good collective size, and Connor Hudson (an All-Region Team Member) has really stepped up his offensive game.

I figured I would go ahead and post the 12th Region Coaches Association All-Region Team, since it was released a few days ago...

• Ben Godby, Somerset
  • Trevor Ellis, Mercer Co.
  • Walker Craig, Rockcastle Co.
  • Will Blankenship, Pulaski Co.
  • Montavin Quisenberry, Boyle Co.
  • Kendall Phillips, Wayne Co.
  • Indred Whitaker, Somerset
  • Antajuan Dumphord, Wayne Co.
  • Blade Nuckols, Lincoln Co.
  • Emmanuel Dut, DCA
  • Connor Hudson, Southwestern
  • Lual Ayiei, DCA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like the list.  I know there's always a few here or there that could be added/replaced.  The biggest snub to me is probably Titus Boyd from DCA.  He's the engine for the Warriors, and plays both ends of the floor super hard.  His hard-nosed defense sparks their team.  I really appreciate his game.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, LethalPG said:

I like the list.  I know there's always a few here or there that could be added/replaced.  The biggest snub to me is probably Titus Boyd from DCA.  He's the engine for the Warriors, and plays both ends of the floor super hard.  His hard-nosed defense sparks their team.  I really appreciate his game.

I agree.  Titus has become a leader on defense for that team.  He’s really embraced that role.

Jeff Jackson, Lincoln Co. KABC Coach of the Year

Ben Godby, Somerset KABC Player of the Year

"Tradition Never Graduates" is a phrase that comes to mind when thinking about Lincoln Co. basketball...

Congratulations to both! 

18 minutes ago, LethalPG said:

Jeff Jackson, Lincoln Co. KABC Coach of the Year

"Tradition Never Graduates" is a phrase that comes to mind when thinking about Lincoln Co. basketball...

What's the old saying? "He can take his and beat yours or he can take yours and beat his." That pretty much sums up Jeff Jackson at Lincoln County. Terrific coach for many, many years.

• Like 2

Titus Boyd embraced the defensive role against Wayne the other night.  Gave them fits.

Heard this morning that Farmer for Wayne, broke his thumb in the 1st quarter of that game.  I don't think that makes a difference as far as who wins the game but it does probably affect the final score.  Farmer didn't score a point going 0-5.

To go along with Farmer, there is also a junior with a torn ACL and a freshman with a broken foot for Wayne.  Not ideal going into the post season.

49 minutes ago, Boyd_Blue said:

Titus Boyd embraced the defensive role against Wayne the other night.  Gave them fits.

Heard this morning that Farmer for Wayne, broke his thumb in the 1st quarter of that game.  I don't think that makes a difference as far as who wins the game but it does probably affect the final score.  Farmer didn't score a point going 0-5.

To go along with Farmer, there is also a junior with a torn ACL and a freshman with a broken foot for Wayne.  Not ideal going into the post season.

Injuries stink, but unfortunately this time of year it can sometimes be a battle of attrition.  Farmer has had a really nice season, and plays with an edge. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LethalPG said:

Southwestern defeated Mercer Co. Tonight 54-40.  The Warriors are playing good ball to close the season. 

Have to tip your hat to SW.  They out played Mercer from the opening tip and 100% deserved the win.  Mercer is a hard team to figure out.  They really dominated Rockastle and Lincoln.  Then come out and lay an egg against SW.  Mercer had zero intensity and just got out worked. 

• Like 1

Been saying all year that Southwestern would get in the region from the 48th and that any team that gets in has a legitimate chance to win it and it could be a team with a losing record even. They have size and Hudson can flat play. 

Hate to hear of the injuries to Wayne. Farmer is a big part of what they do. Does anyone know who the other two that were mentioned are and the role they played?  

Mercer should be fine. They played a stretch of 3 games in 4 days with two on the road. Southwest shot extremely well and Mercer not so much from the stats. 

still the most intriguing games in the first round of District are Lincoln/Boyle and Pulaski/Rockcastle. Two pretty good teams are for sure going home early. Give me coach of the year Jackson and Lincoln with Rockcastle pulling it off at home to advance. 

17 hours ago, BasketballFan24 said:

Hate to hear of the injuries to Wayne. Farmer is a big part of what they do. Does anyone know who the other two that were mentioned are and the role they played?  

Farmer taped up last night and played. The injury is on his shooting hand but he logged several minutes.  I'm not sure about the junior's role but the freshman came off the bench for Farmer for most of his minutes.  He's also a football player that doesn't care to bang down low.