Who will be attending State Tournament?

How many of you all in here will be attending the state tournament? I will go to session 2 (Wednesday night session), Session 4 (Thursday Night Session), Session 6 (Friday Night Session), Session 7 (Saturday Morning Semi Finals), Session 8 (Saturday Night Championship). Anyone want to meet up any that week catch some games together etc?

• LouHSJunkie changed the title to Who will be attending State Tournament?

I ordered tickets and went every year the tournament was in Lexington from 1979 until Covid disrupted everything in 2020. Since then I have only gone to selected sessions here and there. I now watch most of it on the streaming services. 

• Like 1

The year Dirk Minniefield and Lafayette won the state title under coach Jock Sutherland was my first time to stay for every session. 1979. 
I had gone to certain sessions over the years for one day when it was in Louisville but when it moved to Rupp me and a bunch of friends went every year. And I want to add that back in the early ‘80’s Rupp was rocking!! Crowds commonly were in the range of 15,000 to 18,000. A Mason County game had 20,000. Those times have changed, much of it due to the crack down on school spending for room and tickets with the Red Book policies. Crowds are much smaller nowadays.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, No Hiding Here....BC 21 said:

Mason County vs Simon Kenton; 1981 Championship game.

If I'm not mistaken, at the time it was the largest crowd to ever watch a high school basketball game.

That game is still #3. The highest attendance in a title game is the 2004 game with 22,001. That was Mason County vs Warren Central.

Here is attendance for all sessions since 1978.

https://khsaa.org/boys-basketball-attendance-1978-to-present/

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

That game is still #3. The highest attendance in a title game is the 2004 game with 22,001. That was Mason County vs Warren Central.

Here is attendance for all sessions since 1978.

https://khsaa.org/boys-basketball-attendance-1978-to-present/

I know it is still high on the KHSAA Sweet 16 list.  But for some reason I thought the SK/Mason County game was a US or World record at the time.  Or my memory is going.  Or both.  LOL

58 minutes ago, No Hiding Here....BC 21 said:

I know it is still high on the KHSAA Sweet 16 list.  But for some reason I thought the SK/Mason County game was a US or World record at the time.  Or my memory is going.  Or both.  LOL

That is very likely true. However, it has been far surpassed since then. The 1991 Indiana championship had over 41,000 in attendance.

I'm likely a lone ranger on this, but my attendance at both the Boys and Girls' Sweet 16 tournament is completely dependent on who wins regions I follow and / or care about.  I need to care about the teams involved, or certain players involved (and / or their families that I know and care about), to consider attending.

I can get great soft-serve closer to home and a lot cheaper!  😎

• Like 1

I'll only go if St. X is in it. If it was in Louisville, I would maybe go to some games but I really don't want to drive an hour for teams I have no rooting interest plus I coach track and have practice and meets for that so another impediment to attending.

I just bought two tickets upper level midcourt on aisle in first row. Have the whole tournament all 8 sessions. I do not have to have a rooting interest as seeing any kid/student athlete playing at Rupp Arena and living their dream is enough for me! Just an incredible experience and if you love sports like I do there isn't really anything like it!

• Like 2