2024 Highlands Bluebirds

On 2/18/2024 at 4:28 PM, Breds82 said:

If CovCath stays in 4A for awhile I can see this matchup taking its place as a real rivalry game in the next few years, given the games are competitive. It’ll be interesting to see who steps up to fill the holes left by the graduating seniors. 

Sounds like Highlands will be moving to 4A also.

3 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Sounds like Highlands will be moving to 4A also.

I would rather face Cooper and Bowling Green vs. Covington Catholic and Boyle County. 

Tough sledding for the Birds but that is speculation for 2025 and beyond.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, theguru said:

I would rather face Cooper and Bowling Green vs. Covington Catholic and Boyle County. 

Tough sledding for the Birds but that is speculation for 2025 and beyond.

Totally in agreement BUT I will say that the current 7th - 10th grade classes that will be impacted by this "potential" realignment will be up for the challenge....there is a ton of potential talent and talent in #s!  

#SCIT

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Totally in agreement BUT I will say that the current 7th - 10th grade classes that will be impacted by this "potential" realignment will be up for the challenge....there is a ton of potential talent and talent in #s!  

#SCIT

burger-cartoon.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

They are afraid of Cooper!

Afraid of a team they beat last year and they've lost to maybe 2 or 3 times in the last 8 to 10 meetings. Their Freshman and JV destroyed Coopers by about 50 last year!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/21/2024 at 7:07 AM, MaddenCurse44 said:

Cooper will beat them this year again.

Reading through these threads, should we go ahead and mail the trophy to Cooper? I mean, after going a dominating 1-1 against Highlands last year, it is pretty clear that Cooper is the new boss of NKY. 

On 2/20/2024 at 9:33 PM, NKY-guy said:

Afraid of a team they beat last year and they've lost to maybe 2 or 3 times in the last 8 to 10 meetings. Their Freshman and JV destroyed Coopers by about 50 last year!

While I agree it is silly for him to say they are afraid of a team. Especially with all the young talent coming up for Highlands. However, bringing up a JV score is very pointless. Considering Coopers Varsity last year was JV aged kids with mostly sophomores and Junior and even one freshman starting varsity. So the JV team of Cooper that Highlands beat last year, is not the players they will be playing at the varsity level this year. Highlands JV players from last year will be going against basically the same players at Cooper that just made State last year. 

55 minutes ago, VF111 said:

Reading through these threads, should we go ahead and mail the trophy to Cooper? I mean, after going a dominating 1-1 against Highlands last year, it is pretty clear that Cooper is the new boss of NKY. 

To be fair, if the situation was reversed and Highlands just made state and basically return their whole team. I would say most of the Highlands faithful would be saying very similar, and not thinking a team that lost basically all their starters should be getting talked as highly as them, no matter how much younger talent that other team may have coming up. So while I don’t think he should be saying a team is scared, because that’s just silly. If the situation was reversed, can guarantee the Highlands faithful would be talking a very big game about this coming season. 

• Like 4

Rule 2 reads in part:

2. No disparaging, taunting, or boastful comments--especially between opponents trying to intimidate each other. This includes, name calling or personal attacks toward any member, username, team, or school. Additionally this includes a pattern of posts that inflames or incites other posters (i.e. trolling or gaslighting).

8 hours ago, futurecoach said:

To be fair, if the situation was reversed and Highlands just made state and basically return their whole team. I would say most of the Highlands faithful would be saying very similar, and not thinking a team that lost basically all their starters should be getting talked as highly as them, no matter how much younger talent that other team may have coming up. So while I don’t think he should be saying a team is scared, because that’s just silly. If the situation was reversed, can guarantee the Highlands faithful would be talking a very big game about this coming season. 

Highlands lives in your heads rent free , I don't blame you for talking a big game to be honest , a lot to be proud of . This is a Highlands thread though?? Why ain't you guys doing it on Bowling Greens page , they are the only ones you have to worry about , right??

• Like 1