Louisville AD says Payne is staying

Tranquility Base

• Tranquility Base changed the title to Louisville AD says Payne is staying
22 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Then you tell them to resign. 

If Manning is unwilling to take the interim job, why throw a young guy like Smith under the bus and make him take the job? Louisville has enough bad press the way it is, why fire KP then have to release the rest of the staff because they don't want to take over a sinking ship.

You ride it out with KP and let him go down with the ship, then in March go get an entirely new staff. 

• Like 1

On 12/23/2023 at 12:58 PM, Jumper_Dad said:

If Manning is unwilling to take the interim job, why throw a young guy like Smith under the bus and make him take the job? Louisville has enough bad press the way it is, why fire KP then have to release the rest of the staff because they don't want to take over a sinking ship.

You ride it out with KP and let him go down with the ship, then in March go get an entirely new staff. 

Realistically, that’s the thing to do. I know it’s very frustrating for several Louisville fans, myself included. There’s going to be a lot more losses and I personally still plan to not watch any more Louisville basketball this season. But I think that’s what has to happen, start new with everyone.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2023 at 12:58 PM, Jumper_Dad said:

At this point, I agree.   The only reason to make a change now would be to try and draw back some people that stopped going to the Yum because of the current state.   But that would not make a huge difference.   Ride it out, but the day after they are bounced from the ACC Tourney, he's out and hopefully, the search is already underway.

On 12/22/2023 at 8:23 PM, TheDeuce said:

That simply isn’t true. It’s just a facade.

I agree with you Deuce. I just happened upon 247Sports site and UofL was in the top 25 of athletic revenue for 2022.  Of course this is subjective to whatever database you are looking at I'm sure.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...