Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 81 Penn 66

Featured Replies

Final from Philly. Cats played well at times and at times especially the defense lapsed a couple of times but over all a good bounce back game after the UMC-Wilmington and going into the North Carolina game next Saturday. I like how Bradshaw played. A good game from Dillingham and a very good all around game I thought from Sheppard. Also glad to see Wagner back on the floor.

Nice to get a good glimpse of what Bradshaw can do.

Shepherd, Dillingham, Reeves, Mitchell, and Bradshaw is a lineup I can full get behind.

  • Author
2 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Nice to get a good glimpse of what Bradshaw can do.

Shepherd, Dillingham, Reeves, Mitchell, and Bradshaw is a lineup I can full get behind.

I agree but Cal is going to start Wagner and bring Sheppard off the bench he is tied in with Wagner's dad and grandfather not to start him. 

A lot of good things in today's game and continued growth for a young team.

Bradshaw - worth the wait. He is a big difference maker.

Zone offense - nicely done by Cal putting Wagner in the middle of the zone. I like that move of a guard at the high post.

Defense  - some improvement but a lot of room for improvement. Bradshaw helps a lot.

The wins are great but I am always more interested in seeing how Cal's young teams grow in these first two months of the season. I don't get too caught up in wins and losses till conference play gets going.

29 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I agree but Cal is going to start Wagner and bring Sheppard off the bench he is tied in with Wagner's dad and grandfather not to start him. 

No problem with Sheppard off the bench. Great change up and offensive boost.

I will add this. Sheppard needs to get a lot better on defense. Way too many lapses leading to scores.

By the way, that play where Spinoso blocked Bradshaw from behind when Bradshaw was going up for a dunk - that ref should just be removed from officiating now. No call on that was a joke.

41 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I agree but Cal is going to start Wagner and bring Sheppard off the bench he is tied in with Wagner's dad and grandfather not to start him. 

I have zero issues with that and like the energy of Dillingham and Shepherd off the bench. Who starts is pointless to me.

Wagner is crucial for this team to be successful. And I don't know anything about these kids personalities or what works best for them and their mojo but I'm very content with Wagner starting.

  • Author
37 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

No problem with Sheppard off the bench. Great change up and offensive boost.

I will add this. Sheppard needs to get a lot better on defense. Way too many lapses leading to scores.

Shew, Sheppard does have some lapses, turns his head and gets lost but he is a much better defensive player than Reeves or Dillingham 

I thought Mitchell looked lost, with lapses on both ends of the court.

Bradshaw is incredibly raw and not sure what he’s doing; yet, he still recorded a double double just by being as skilled as he is. You can tell the dude cares, too. I like that.

Dillingham drives me crazy. One minutes he's making a great play, the next he's taking 5 straight bad shots. My fear is that in a big game if he's having an off night shooting, that he'll shoot us out of the game because he still can play a bit selfish at times. I was glad to see Cal sub him after a few questionable shot choices in the first half.

2 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I agree but Cal is going to start Wagner and bring Sheppard off the bench he is tied in with Wagner's dad and grandfather not to start him. 

I think it helps the team for  Sheperd coming off the bench.

  • Author
1 hour ago, Hatz said:

I think it helps the team for  Sheperd coming off the bench.

I agree as well and I think overall he has played better coming off the bench.

2 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Dillingham drives me crazy. One minutes he's making a great play, the next he's taking 5 straight bad shots. My fear is that in a big game if he's having an off night shooting, that he'll shoot us out of the game because he still can play a bit selfish at times. I was glad to see Cal sub him after a few questionable shot choices in the first half.

And that was the scouting report on him. Great one play and head shaking the next.

3 hours ago, bugatti said:

I thought Mitchell looked lost, with lapses on both ends of the court.

Bradshaw is incredibly raw and not sure what he’s doing; yet, he still recorded a double double just by being as skilled as he is. You can tell the dude cares, too. I like that.

Bradshaw is one of those talented players that would really benefit with a couple years in college - but I don't think it will happen.

6 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Nice to get a good glimpse of what Bradshaw can do.

Shepherd, Dillingham, Reeves, Mitchell, and Bradshaw is a lineup I can full get behind.

This is the only lineup I like if they have both bigs in the game. Anytime guys like Edwards or Wagner are in, I hope they don’t have both big guys in together. Edwards and Wagner need the floor spaced more and none of those set plays. They need the floor spaced to attack the rim. I honestly would like to see Theiro to also get some time with Bradshaw. It seems like anytime Bradshaw is in, Mitchell is in too and Theiro is out. Theiro has been one of their key players this year. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.