Open Job: Christian County

So I might be mistaken, but wasn't the plan at one point for the Christian County and Hopkinsville high school sports programs to merge prior to the new consolidated high school opening up? Anyone?

Is that not the plan any longer? Or was it ever? Or is this possibly a listing for the new 'combined team' since the school district has now decided to name the consolidated high school "Christian County High School"?

22 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

So I might be mistaken, but wasn't the plan at one point for the Christian County and Hopkinsville high school sports programs to merge prior to the new consolidated high school opening up? Anyone?

Is that not the plan any longer? Or was it ever? Or is this possibly a listing for the new 'combined team' since the school district has now decided to name the consolidated high school "Christian County High School"?

@SportsWestKY on Twitter had some input on this:

"Consolidation is now off the table until 2026. So they have to formally go through the process and can no longer use an 'interim' to fill the position. So Zach Self may end up as the head coach, but it is technically open."

"Consolidation of athletics that is. So it looks like still separate 2023-2024, 2024-2025, and 2025-2026, as the target date for the building is Fall 2026."

What an odyssey!!  When the important words in your verbiage continue to be words like "interim", "may end up being", "but is technically open" and "looks like" doesn't give me the impression this rollercoaster is stopping for many YEARS to come.

I hate they have to go through this but seems at least half they created.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

What an odyssey!!  When the important words in your verbiage continue to be words like "interim", "may end up being", "but is technically open" and "looks like" doesn't give me the impression this rollercoaster is stopping for many YEARS to come.

I hate they have to go through this but seems at least half they created.

Christian Co's management of the consolidation process has been an absolute trainwreck. They're currently 2yrs behind schedule and approaching 3 if I'm remembering it right. They promised coach Clark the job at the super school when they brought him on at Hoptown and then they had a change of heart. Word around the water cooler is that he's looking at heading back to Jefferson Co.

Also heard the dude they're looking to hire at Christian is from Jefferson Co and that he's more than likely gonna be the hire for the super school, assuming Clark heads out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TylerDurden said:

Christian Co's management of the consolidation process has been an absolute trainwreck. They're currently 2yrs behind schedule and approaching 3 if I'm remembering it right. They promised coach Clark the job at the super school when they brought him on at Hoptown and then they had a change of heart. Word around the water cooler is that he's looking at heading back to Jefferson Co.

Also heard the dude they're looking to hire at Christian is from Jefferson Co and that he's more than likely gonna be the hire for the super school, assuming Clark heads out.

Then they had a change of heart, meaning they told him he won't be the head coach at the new consolidated school? Or meaning they told him that they were going to re-open the hiring process when they consolidated and that he'd have to apply like everyone else instead of automatically getting the job?

Just now, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Then they had a change of heart, meaning they told him he won't be the head coach at the new consolidated school? Or meaning they told him that they were going to re-open the hiring process when they consolidated and that he'd have to apply like everyone else instead of automatically getting the job?

The second one you said there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2023 at 3:12 PM, TylerDurden said:

Like you, I was told that there was a certain coach from Jefferson County who applied and was the likely candidate for the Christian County job. My understanding is that he has since withdrawn his application after learning the full scope of delays, backtracking, and changes of plan in the merger.

It would seem that Christian County Schools is having a hard time getting out of their own way.

17 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

It would seem that Christian County Schools is having a hard time getting out of their own way.

They spilled all of these while trying to come up with the original name and have been falling over ever since.

Skoolzy 30 Wood Alphabet Blocks - Stacking ABC Letter Colors Wooden Blocks for -

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...