Alabama 27 Georgia 24 (SEC Championship)

16thBBall Fan

• 16thBBall Fan changed the title to Alabama 27 Georgia 24 (SEC Championship)
2 minutes ago, hrcarrier said:

Things will be very interesting tomorrow if Louisville beats Florida State. Committee could have their hands full. 

Oh I think if Louisville beats Florida State (which I hope they do) If Louisville is not playing Kentucky I root for them. If Louisville wins no way Florida State gets in. I think if Fla. St. loses and Michigan wins I think it comes down to 3 teams for 2 spots. 

Georgia, Texas, and Alabama will go for the last two spots. I know Ohio State only has one loss but they did not play in a conference championship.

• Like 1

8. Any attempt to use or suggest profanity is prohibited. This means you may not use symbols to replace some or all of the letters in a word that might otherwise be blocked by the BGP word filter. Any attempt to circumvent the word filter with general abbreviations or text message abbreviations will also be considered a violation under this rule.

4 hours ago, theguru said:

What happens now, I am lost?

They said it would come down to conference championships.  If Louisville can beat Florida State, I'm thinking Texas and Bama get in.  If Florida State wins, I'd say it's possible that only Texas gets in.  In that scenario I could see the ratings for the college football playoff really taking a hit of there is no team from the SEC playing.  

• Thanks 1

One think I enjoyed was at the conclusion of the game were the heartfelt words by Brad Nessler and Gary Danielson as this game ended CBS coverage of SEC football. I will miss the 3:30 game on CBS every Saturday afternoon you did not have to go look through 4 different ESPN channels for find a big time SEC game. You knew each week that it was usually two very good teams and would be a good game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

One think I enjoyed was at the conclusion of the game were the heartfelt words by Brad Nessler and Gary Danielson as this game ended CBS coverage of SEC football. I will miss the 3:30 game on CBS every Saturday afternoon you did not have to go look through 4 different ESPN channels for find a big time SEC game. You knew each week that it was usually two very good teams and would be a good game.

What is happening to the 3:30 game?

1 hour ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Oh I think if Louisville beats Florida State (which I hope they do) If Louisville is not playing Kentucky I root for them. If Louisville wins no way Florida State gets in. I think if Fla. St. loses and Michigan wins I think it comes down to 3 teams for 2 spots. 

Georgia, Texas, and Alabama will go for the last two spots. I know Ohio State only has one loss but they did not play in a conference championship.

Texas.

43 minutes ago, theguru said:

Me too.  Another tradition gone and it doesn't have to be that way. 

But it does, $$$$$$.   The writing was on the wall, it just took longer than expected.  With Disney/ESPN having the SEC network ot was just a matter of time.  Honestly kinda surprised it took this long.  My guess is that when the SEC network started, the CBS deal was already in place but not likely to be renewed.  I loved their broadcast though and I'm gonna miss it.  

3 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

But it does, $$$$$$.   The writing was on the wall, it just took longer than expected.  With Disney/ESPN having the SEC network ot was just a matter of time.  Honestly kinda surprised it took this long.  My guess is that when the SEC network started, the CBS deal was already in place but not likely to be renewed.  I loved their broadcast though and I'm gonna miss it.  

I hear you.  It will all be fine, just another change, so many changes, so fast, lol.