College Football Playoff: Top 25 (11/28/23)

16thBBall Fan

Just now, TheDeuce said:

I don’t think it’s that crazy if an idea, but the committee doesn’t have the stones to do it. 

I doubt they will either. but they may say this is the last year that we ever have to pick just 4 what the heck "What can anyone do about it". lol

17 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Guys how many think that the committee will now put these 4 teams in (#1 Michigan, #2 Washington, #3 Texas, and #4, and Florida State) in doing so shut the SEC out of the playoffs for the first time since this playoff system started in the last time it will be just 4 teams.

This absolutely should be the order and teams. It won’t be that. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, theguru said:

If it was up to me, I want to see Georgia and Alabama in the playoffs. 

Two SEC teams in during this particular season is indefensible. It is a complete gut “I just think these guys are better” type of position. Despite the fact that Texas beat Bama on the road by 10. I’ve been reading on here for a couple of weeks these definitive statements on how Bama would beat Texas now, but we already saw it, that’s not how it went down. So that already gives me reason to doubt it. But more than that, there are too many very good teams from other conferences to do that. An undefeated ACC champion that also beat two SEC teams. A one loss Big 12 champ that beat the SEC champ. Heck, even Ohio State has an argument (not a great one but an argument) that they lost to the top team. It’s every bit as good an argument as Georgia will have at this point. Too much about Georgia hinges on the last two years. It’s not the last two years. 

I’ll be very disappointed if FSU is left out. I’ll be apoplectic if they’re left out and two SEC teams get in. And I don’t see it happening. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

This absolutely should be the order and teams. It won’t be that. 

I am sorry to say this Dragon I think it will be one of two ways. 

I'd lean this way for the first choice:

#1 Michigan

#2 Washington

#3 Texas

#4 Alabama

or as I said above:

#1 Michigan

#2 Washington

#3 Texas

#4 Florida State

I think it will be one of these two ways. Of course I could be wrong as well. We will see tomorrow the show is supposed to start at 12:00 on ESPN. The show is scheduled from 12:00-4:00 I hope they don't drag it out and get to it quickly like they do on the rankings during the weekly shows. I think they will try to get it put out before the NFL games begin at 1:00pm. I hope so and then spend the remaining 3 hours on all of the other no name bowl game.

6 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I am sorry to say this Dragon I think it will be one of two ways. 

I'd lean this way for the first choice:

#1 Michigan

#2 Washington

#3 Texas

#4 Alabama

or as I said above:

#1 Michigan

#2 Washington

#3 Texas

#4 Florida State

I think it will be one of these two ways. Of course I could be wrong as well. We will see tomorrow the show is supposed to start at 12:00 on ESPN. The show is scheduled from 12:00-4:00 I hope they don't drag it out and get to it quickly like they do on the rankings during the weekly shows. I think they will try to get it put out before the NFL games begin at 1:00pm. I hope so and then spend the remaining 3 hours on all of the other no name bowl game.

I’m completely fine with FSU being the 4. I just want them to get the shot. If they go with the first option, they’re basically breaking the precedent of no undefeated P5 champ having ever been left out. They’d also be defying history as no team ranked below 6 in the penultimate rankings has ever made it - this will likely happen regardless but if it is Texas and Bama, then both will defy that. If they leave out Bama, it would be the first time without the SEC champ, so something first is probably happening anyway. 

Also worth noting that they already had FSU at 4. They beat a team ranked higher than the one Texas beat. Of course, Texas scored a lot more and people are programmed to find that more impressive. But it would really be something for them to jump that far up and pass a team that was ranked two spots higher and beat a higher ranked opponent.  

14 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

Two SEC teams in during this particular season is indefensible. It is a complete gut “I just think these guys are better” type of position. Despite the fact that Texas beat Bama on the road by 10. I’ve been reading on here for a couple of weeks these definitive statements on how Bama would beat Texas now, but we already saw it, that’s not how it went down. So that already gives me reason to doubt it. But more than that, there are too many very good teams from other conferences to do that. An undefeated ACC champion that also beat two SEC teams. A one loss Big 12 champ that beat the SEC champ. Heck, even Ohio State has an argument (not a great one but an argument) that they lost to the top team. It’s every bit as good an argument as Georgia will have at this point. Too much about Georgia hinges on the last two years. It’s not the last two years. 

I’ll be very disappointed if FSU is left out. I’ll be apoplectic if they’re left out and two SEC teams get in. And I don’t see it happening. 

Thanks, your logic is next level.  Just a fan here wanting to see "my teams" in the playoffs.  It should have started this year, games are games.  We still have the FCS this year. 

• Like 1

Just now, theguru said:

Thanks, your logic is next level.  Just a fan here wanting to see "my teams" in the playoffs.  It should have started this year, games are games.  We still have the FCS this year. 

I wish I remembered what lame excuse they gave as to why it had to start next season with 12 teams. Something with TV, I’m sure. Because TV considerations always lead us to great things….

2 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

I wish I remembered what lame excuse they gave as to why it had to start next season with 12 teams. Something with TV, I’m sure. Because TV considerations always lead us to great things….

I like all the old talking heads and coaches saying we didn't need to expand it blah blah blah for years. 

I still say 16 teams would be ideal but 12 is cool, play ball. 

• Like 1

The ESPN so called college football playoff committee expert Heather Dinich was just on sportscenter and she said this was what she thought would be the breakdown of the teams.

#1 Michigan

#2 Washington

#3 Texas

#4 Alabama

#5 Georgia

#6 Florida State

#7 Ohio State

#8 Oregon

#9 Missouri

#10 Penn State

Don't shoot the messenger that is what she thinks they will do.

7 minutes ago, theguru said:

I like all the old talking heads and coaches saying we didn't need to expand it blah blah blah for years. 

I still say 16 teams would be ideal but 12 is cool, play ball. 

Remember how they would make the argument about it taking away from education time? With a straight face? While the I-AA/FCS was doing it every year? Ugh. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

Remember how they would make the argument about it taking away from education time? With a straight face? While the I-AA/FCS was doing it every year? Ugh. 

Right, every level of college football.  It is how people are, they will lie right to your face.