Highlands 30 North Laurel 7

2 things that shocked me tonight.....

1. Highlands was unsuccessful on getting to the running clock.  I thought they were going to get it at the end of 3rd before the 4th quarter

2. You apparently can't use horns during the play of action at football games.  The refs were not having it.  Poor Bob Sphire had to mosey onto the field and yell to the stands to have it knocked off.  Mission accomplished b/c I don't think I heard the air horns after that.

Was really impressed with NL running game, unfortunately I think they tried to mix it up a little too much.  Should have stayed with it more....

Birds: wasn't as dominating as we have come to expect these last 5 weeks but we got the job done!  

Now I believe BGP will be EXTREMELY active with a lot of good old fashion neighborly jostling back and forth with our friends over at Longbranch Farm.

Go Birds.....

PS.  weatherman was totally off this week.  First thought it would be dry but extremely cold, then it was going to be warm and the rain would be gone by lunch, ended up being dreary and plummeted cold throughout the night.

PSS.  I think the only fans that came to the game from NL were the 3 people who voted on BGP that NL was going to win.  I get the drive was going to be long.  Allowed the Bird Nation to spread out and have some room in the stands tonight.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

2 things that shocked me tonight.....

1. Highlands was unsuccessful on getting to the running clock.  I thought they were going to get it at the end of 3rd before the 4th quarter

2. You apparently can't use horns during the play of action at football games.  The refs were not having it.  Poor Bob Sphire had to mosey onto the field and yell to the stands to have it knocked off.  Mission accomplished b/c I don't think I heard the air horns after that.

Was really impressed with NL running game, unfortunately I think they tried to mix it up a little too much.  Should have stayed with it more....

Birds: wasn't as dominating as we have come to expect these last 5 weeks but we got the job done!  

Now I believe BGP will be EXTREMELY active with a lot of good old fashion neighborly jostling back and forth with our friends over at Longbranch Farm.

Go Birds.....

PS.  weatherman was totally off this week.  First thought it would be dry but extremely cold, then it was going to be warm and the rain would be gone by lunch, ended up being dreary and plummeted cold throughout the night.

PSS.  I think the only fans that came to the game from NL were the 3 people who voted on BGP that NL was going to win.  I get the drive was going to be long.  Allowed the Bird Nation to spread out and have some room in the stands tonight.

2. A group of parents was told about this during a regular season game. Instead of complying, I was told by a Highlands fan that they went out and bought more for the playoffs. It was only a matter of time before they were called out for it. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Breds82 said:

Can’t use any artificial noise makers during the play clock. 

Is that how the rule reads? I’m not questioning but really trying to make sure I understand how it reads. I ask because of how they changed the play clock a few years back to pretty much match college. 

For people not familiar with it the play clock now starts pretty much as soon as the previous play is blown dead and not in the “ready” like in the past. 

If you can’t do it during the play clock then that really narrows down when you can do it to basically dead ball situations like time outs, penalties, change of quarter type things. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

Per KHSAA handbook:

image.thumb.png.9042f86ba5e3b91f4269e7d86a534601.png

Which is interesting because last night, I believe parents had blow horns which are neither power or mechanical.  

My biggest takeaway is Highlands dominated the past two weeks.  The problem the last two weeks and Dixie in the regular season.  The head coaches for the visiting teams were more worried about looking in the stands and mocking parents than having their team ready and prepared to stop the Highlands offense.  The noise makers were not the reason you lost the game.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

You learn something new every day......  Apparently between plays its perfectly fine to do....  During play = getting yelled at by Coach!!!

Actually if the warning is ignored it's a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty......that usually ends it. Bands playing during the beginning of a down when teams were calling signals was the culprit for the rule.

Great first half of football from the Bird's!  The drive just before half was an absolute work of art!  Was a bit disappointed in the second half as the offense appeared to be resting on it's Laurels.  (Pun intended!)  NOW on to playing Cooper!

• Like 1