Covington Catholic 31 Johnson Central 0

10 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

Did Link complete that catch? Watching it live, I wasn’t sure.

By NFL rules no, but I don’t know if high school is different. Definitely a huge play that swung our way early. 

• Like 1

Very impressed by Coach TB and the defense. We went with a little different front (6 man) and really made them work for it. It’s tough to put together 12 play drives with nothing going wrong to score a TD, great job by them. 

I agree with @Colonels_Wear_BlueMiller had 3 TDs and had another 3 that could have been. I thought we could have thrown it every play with the advantage we had at the skill positions and how JC was playing us (5 man front, single high, mostly man, linebackers not exactly getting a ton of depth)

A 31-0 win and you can honestly look the offense in meetings this morning and say we didn’t play our best and left some points out there. A great place to be!

There is an embarrassment of riches at the receiver position on this team. It’s been really fun to watch Willie, Miller, Link, Johnson and others develop as a receiving corp. Miller has been so consistent every week and has taken a big step forward. He is going to be huge next week (and hopefully in Lex if we beat PT). 

Happy to be playing teams like JC again as well. Glad to have that playoff rivalry back. Just a great performance by the Colonels all-around last night.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, CCHFC said:

Very impressed by Coach TB and the defense. We went with a little different front (6 man) and really made them work for it. It’s tough to put together 12 play drives with nothing going wrong to score a TD, great job by them. 

I agree with @Colonels_Wear_BlueMiller had 3 TDs and had another 3 that could have been. I thought we could have thrown it every play with the advantage we had at the skill positions and how JC was playing us (5 man front, single high, mostly man, linebackers not exactly getting a ton of depth)

A 31-0 win and you can honestly look the offense in meetings this morning and say we didn’t play our best and left some points out there. A great place to be!

TB is a great D coordinator. Good luck next week.

• Like 1