Open Job: Pleasure Ridge Park

TRPride

• theguru changed the title to Open Job: Pleasure Ridge Park

He was informed that he would no longer be head coach and school wants go in a different direction. Good luck with that PRP. Under Coach Williams PRP has been pretty competitive and got a win over Bullitt East this year. I think they are making a mistake getting rid of him.

To my RIDGE Football family:

Today, I was informed that I would no longer be your Head Football Coach. Nothing dramatic, no scandal, the school simply wishes to take the Football program in a different direction. I have spent nearly my entire adult life as a football coach at PRP. In that time, I have developed life-long relationships with people I genuinely love.

I first want to thank the people that we do this for, our players. I have seen 14 groups of seniors graduate from our school. Many of which have continued their football careers, but more importantly to me, stayed in contact. Some of you have turned into coaches with us; many of you have turned into proud fathers. I've tried to say it more in recent years, and today, it's necessary: I love you.

Next, I want to thank my wife, and my kids. Coaches know that the people that make the real sacrifice for high school football, are our families. I don't spend nearly enough time watching the four of them grow. They know why. They understand the purpose. But still, they make the sacrifice. When we moved homes two years ago, we made a conscious decision to stay in the neighborhood, because we believe in this community. I still do.

To my coaches. No matter how others feel about the job we did, or would continue to do, there is not another group of men that I would rather serve with. You understand the 'why'. You sacrifice your families; you welcome mine into your lives. We build our calendars around this mission. If I spent time complaining about circumstance, we would lose our ability to hold our heads high. You didn't make excuses, you kept doing what was necessary to build, to grow. You always made it about our players. About their future, about their care. Only we know the work done in the dark. Be proud of your results.

I genuinely have no idea what's next for myself, but in my time on this earth, I've learned two things:

1. Only God can judge me.
2. The world is having a real hard time taking this smile off my face.

IMG_4753.jpeg

• Like 5

November 13, 2023

PRP Community:

The Pleasure Ridge Park High School Athletic Department would like to thank Coach Tommy Williams and his coaching staff for their hard work and dedication over the past seven years. Many Student-Athletes have been positively influenced during these years. Coach Wiliams will finish his tenure at PRP with a 30-43 record.

The Athletic Department will now focus on new leadership for the PRP Football Program. We strive to be the best everyday, as well as being competitive with the top teams in the State. Therefore, we now begin the search for a new Head Football Coach immediately. We will be accepting applications over the next few weeks. PRP has invested over $140,000 in weight room expansion, turning it into an indoor/outdoor training facility. JCPS is building PRP a new stadium, track and a turf field. Our school offers the best Academic Programs, with a diverse array of pathways to choose. There are so many great things happening at the RIDGE. #WEAREPRP

Nick Waddell
Athletics Director
Pleasure Ridge Park High School

IMG_4755.thumb.png.5498be0a136baeb49df111df63c2a5ad.png

Best of luck Coach Williams!

As a BG fan who went to every PRP vs BG game from 2017 to 2022, including the tough PRP win over BG in 2017, I always thought PRP was well coached and always had very good athletes, just not always the numbers you'd need to compete with St X and Manual.

It's a tough gig at this public school because you have a good class and then maybe a couple smaller classes and that's tough to compete with schools like X and Manual who always have very good numbers.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

He was informed that he would no longer be head coach and school wants go in a different direction. Good luck with that PRP. Under Coach Williams PRP has been pretty competitive and got a win over Bullitt East this year. I think they are making a mistake getting rid of him.

IMG_4753.jpeg

I agree 100%.  I'm not sure what they think they're going to find.  Outside of a couple of public schools in Jefferson County like maybe Ballard or Central, it's tough to consistently win at a JCPS school.  I will say that he and his entire staff do a great job truly caring for their kids.  I've seen multiple coaches, especially their DC Coach Kelly, taking kids to offseason camps.  Those guys go above and beyond when it comes to taking care of those kids.  Again, I also think this is a big mistake by PRP, but some other program(s) are going to reap the benefits of it.

With that being said, if they don't go with an internal hire, this would be a good landing spot for a person like Anthony White from Atherton.

• Like 2

PRP schedules X and Manual in district and Male and Ballard out of district, although Male was in district for many of Coach William's seasons. That's a pretty tall order to fill each year. Finding a coach winning at his current school who wants to work for an  AD who fires the last coach for not consistently winning against that schedule won't be easy. 

• Like 4

On 11/17/2023 at 8:18 AM, new fan said:

PRP schedules X and Manual in district and Male and Ballard out of district, although Male was in district for many of Coach William's seasons. That's a pretty tall order to fill each year. Finding a coach winning at his current school who wants to work for an AD who fires the last coach for not consistently winning against that schedule won't be easy.

This hire just got even tougher with the Seneca job coming open.

• 1 month later...