Jimbo out at A&M! Next Coach?

Jumper_Dad

28 minutes ago, Big East Zebra said:

Someone from WVU make a call to Jimbo and bring the boy home! Shoot we wouldn't have to pay him for several years!  

I read where the buyout is conditional if he takes another job.  So whatever they have to pay him per year goes down if another team hires him.  I guess WVU could hire him for like $500k and then A&M would basically supplement other pieces of that by proxy.

4 hours ago, DanvilleFan said:

I read where the buyout is conditional if he takes another job.  So whatever they have to pay him per year goes down if another team hires him.  I guess WVU could hire him for like $500k and then A&M would basically supplement other pieces of that by proxy.

I think the contract with A&M was guaranteed, which means they owe him the whole enchilada regards if he gets another job or not, but I could be wrong, and have beenmore times than I'd like to think. 

• Like 1

Big Expectations that were never met.     

This isn't just an A&M thing.    Mississippi State fired their coach as well.   Coaches no longer have the luxury of building a program or culture.   It's get hired, hit the portal and be in contention within a couple years.    Unfortunately, this may become the norm.

I read that Jimbo gets the entire amount regardless if he gets another paying job or not. He's 58, won a title already and his great grandkids are set for life. Just buy a few houses in locations you like to be and just bounce around doing broadcast kind of stuff to stay connected to football.

• Like 1

• Jumper_Dad changed the title to Jimbo out at A&M! Next Coach?