Owensboro at Atherton Predictions/Updates

Purple88

Who Wins This Game?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/17/2023 at 11:00 PM

The Owensboro flagship WVJS will have an audio stream tonight if anyone wants to listen.

https://owensbororadio.com/player/?playerID=603

Owensboro has faired pretty well against this level of competition in this round in years past.  I don't expect tonight will be much different.  Evan Hampton is an absolute monster and I am predicting another big time game from him tonight.  

Owensboro 48 - Atherton 19

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

Great Poster!  If Atherton can start strong, Hmmm......

This kinda worries me. Their defense has the speed to create problems forsure. Making this game more difficult for the Devils than they would like. I don’t believe they can but if they’re able to extend drives on offense chew up some clock and start with some momentum. Like you said “Hmmm”…  Devils better get off that bus with work boots strapped up and lunch pale in hand ready to put in work.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Purple88 said:

Great Poster!  If Atherton can start strong, Hmmm......

Owensboro is young.  As we saw in Madisonville game a tendency to play to the level of competition.  That said Atherton is a very athletic team with a speedy RB who transferred in from St. X.

4 hours ago, Devils Fan said:

This kinda worries me. Their defense has the speed to create problems forsure. Making this game more difficult for the Devils than they would like. I don’t believe they can but if they’re able to extend drives on offense chew up some clock and start with some momentum. Like you said “Hmmm”…  Devils better get off that bus with work boots strapped up and lunch pale in hand ready to put in work.

On turf - Devils big.  On grass and sloppy I hate that.  O has a huge passing offense advantage.

1 hour ago, Devils Fan said:

If it’s a sloppy field. Does this play into either teams favor? Without a pass attack for the Red Devils this could turn into a Hampton/Winstead vs Curry matchup. 

Good questions DF!  I really don’t know if it would give one team and advantage or not. 
I will say it’s a tough field from the standpoint of it’s a typical JCPS field - do the best you can with whomever is willing to help take care of it kind of thing. 
it’s uneven a bit am likely roughed up this time of year. It certainly won’t be like Rash Stadiums turf. 

• Like 2