Owensboro at Atherton Predictions/Updates

Purple88

Who Wins This Game?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/17/2023 at 11:00 PM

3 hours ago, TimeWillTell said:

We don't play well on grass, but I think we will be fine.

I agree. That makes me a little nervous. Given our resume on grass. Even though we should win handily. I’ll be happy with just surviving. Atherton isn’t the type of team to light up the scoreboard or have long extended drives but their defense is stingy and biggest part of why they made it this far. If O were to turn it over multiple times (which is uncharacteristic as of lately) it could be a close low scoring affair.. Would rather see the Devils come out and get after it quick. Get the starters out by half. Get the JV players some playoff experience.

3 minutes ago, tackle trap said:

Think I'm going to go this game haven't been to a Atherton game since 1979.. As much as I want Atherton to win think Owensboro has too many players for the Ravens. Hope I'm wrong.  

1979 was the next to last year at Atherton for Dan Goble, really the last coach to have any success there before Anthony White. Goble was at Atherton from 1972-80 and posted a 47-48-2 record before leaving for Christian County. Atherton didn't have a winning season after Goble until 2021 (although they did finish .500 a couple of times). This season is their best since also finishing 9-1 in 1973, although a regular season loss to Central kept them out of the playoffs that season.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, tackle trap said:

Think I'm going to go this game haven't been to a Atherton game since 1979.. As much as I want Atherton to win think Owensboro has too many players for the Ravens. Hope I'm wrong.  

Was this guy at the game?

image.jpeg.73a9e1ad3121fc764afb598d9ef6809b.jpeg

• Haha 4