Ballard vs. Trinity Predictions/Updates

Tigerpride94

Who wins!  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/2023 at 11:00 PM

#7 Ballard (4-2) will host #3 Trinity (4-3) after having an open week. Trinity will travel to Ballard after beating St. Xavier (OH) 17-3.

Last year, Ballard beat Trinity 14-9.

Common opponents:

Ballard lost to Male 34-3

Trinity lost to Male 37-20

Ballard lost to Bryan Station 28-21

Trinity beat Bryan Station 36-3

This is key district game with the winner most likely the district champ. The last two games the Trinity defense has played at a high level giving up 10 and 3 points against tough competition. Based on the common opponents scores, Trinity is the clear favorite. Can Ballard win the district two years in a row or does Trinity get back on top?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Calpreps has this Trinity by 16. I'll go with Trinity by 28.

I'll split that difference and say T by three scores. They've put together two great defensive efforts in a row, but the offense is still inconsistent. If they stay true to form, it's time for a big number on the scoreboard.

• Like 1

The coaches won't preach it, but the kids remember losing to Ballard last year for the first time since the mid 90s. Redemption is on their mind. If they play as well as they have the past few weeks, I can easily see the possibility of a running clock. 

• Like 4

Redemption is definitely on the mind of this team after last year, but that will not be the only focus. To me this is a much improved squad from even 3 weeks ago and I know what this team is thinking about now! RB Clint Sansbury looks to be a go, which if you saw the hit he took at Cincy X you'd know how lucky he and the Rocks are! QB Zane Johnson is throwing with a lot of confidence and the team has shown they can "win ugly" now as well. The offensive line has really come around and LT Matt Higgins is definitely one of the state's best. WR Jeremiah Lynn has made the leap and is a bonafide star in Kentucky with huge games the last 4 weeks against Camel, Male, Louisville X and Cincinnati X. Brady McEnaney, Drew Davis and Nate Tronzo did an outstanding job in the front-7 last week, shutting down a Bomber offense that rushed for over 350 yards of offense against Elder. St. X managed less than 230 total yards of offense for the game and became the third of the last four opponents with that distinction.

For Ballard, Journey Wyche is definitely one of the best backs we will see for the rest of the year. He averages 7 yards per carry and backup Demari Edelen averages 10.2 per rush. SO QB Larry Irvin really likes to throw it around and WRs Maurice Stephens and Daelen Thompson will test our secondary when the Bruins throw it. They are not huge up front, but DE Mikel Clack is among the state's leaders with 8.5 sacks and 8 tackles for loss. LB Davon Rudolph has 71 tackles and has also forced 3 fumbles. 

This matchup has been a good one the last few years and Trinity needs to continue the trend of not making mistakes and capitalizing when the opposition does. The Rocks are 3-0 when forcing more than 2 turnovers and tonight will be a prime opportunity to get after the young Bruins. Go Rocks! ☘️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have had a “personal distaste” for Ballard going back to my days as a student when Redman was their coach. I won’t go into detail. Last year was unacceptable. Hopefully tonight we can get back to normal. Go Rocks!!