Survivor: Season 45

MJAlltheWay24

1 hour ago, ChuckT said:

Emily gained too much momentum and was just too strong, so she gets the boot.  Maybe she should have tried to solve the puzzle and win immunity.  

She shouldn't have spouted off about how she played Bruce when they came back from the Tribal Council. Save that card for when you're in front of the jury.

Dee sure played that well. Flushed Julie's idol and got her to take out her target without blood on her hands. She wins if she's at the end and I don't feel its all that close.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

She shouldn't have spouted off about how she played Bruce when they came back from the Tribal Council. Save that card for when you're in front of the jury.

Dee sure played that well. Flushed Julie's idol and got her to take out her target without blood on her hands. She wins if she's at the end and I don't feel its all that close.

Agree 100% on Emily putting the target on herself with that brag. The thing that surprised me with that whole post Bruce vote is Julie's apparent lack of awareness that Emily put Julie on the chopping block. If Bruce played his idol, Julie goes home and she had no comment or response on that. I expected Julie to be all in on get Emily out after that. And though we got no video on that, that may be why Julie wrote down Emily instead of Austin.

Austin had to have some reassurance before tribal that Julie was not writing his name down.  Otherwise, crazy not playing his idol.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Agree 100% on Emily putting the target on herself with that brag. The thing that surprised me with that whole post Bruce vote is Julie's apparent lack of awareness that Emily put Julie on the chopping block. If Bruce played his idol, Julie goes home and she had no comment or response on that. I expected Julie to be all in on get Emily out after that. And though we got no video on that, that may be why Julie wrote down Emily instead of Austin.

Austin had to have some reassurance before tribal that Julie was not writing his name down.  Otherwise, crazy not playing his idol.

I'm with a lot of you on this. I think there was a decent amount that we didn't get to see from this one.

The wife and I finally got caught up on this season tonight, thanks to the DVR. A few thoughts so far:

- The Gen-Zers and their calling it quits, paired with Brandon's essential uselessness early in the season make my fear for the future of the world, lol.

- Kellie & Austin have been my two favorites to win pretty much since the beginning, and Austin is definitely who I'm pulling for now. I know some folks think he's played a pretty lazy game, but I think he's done a pretty great job of laying low, while still being one of the main decision makers AND allowing someone else (Drew) to be the decision making mouthpiece who people are going to point to as being a shot caller when they start looking to take out the bigs. Austin also managed to get two idols...although I'm still kinda bitter that Julie hung on to the idol he handed her for an early tribal counsel as an in-case to protect their alliance. I 100% think Julie should have given it back to him after.

- I know Bruce got on all the other Survivor contestants' nerves, and I get it, but man oh man, Sifu drove me bonkers. Dude referred to himself in third person all the time as Sifu, when his actual name is Nick, lol. Like sure, you practice tai chi, but who nicknames themselves the Cantonese word for "teacher" and insists on introducing themselves and that way?

- Immunity idol review: Austin had one immunity idol that he got via the hidden note that he found and helped him to decipher the secret message on the Reba tribe sign. Then he sacrificed two votes to extend the idol's usability through the round of five. Austin also had one immunity idol that he got as a result of going on his "journey" with J. Maya and Kellie and getting an advantage that increased in power as the other people from the trio were voted out. Then Bruce had his immunity idol that he found under the shelter at the shelter at LuLu. I think that was it for immunity idols, right? But anyway, why was no one idol searching after voting Bruce off with his idol in his pocket??? I was totally waiting for someone to idol search this entire last episode. I sure as hell hope they at least start idol searching now that Julie has played Austin's second idol. There may well be TWO hidden immunity idols out there now.

And just as an aside, it totally irks me that people get so grumpy about other contestants looking for immunity idols. Idols are a part of the game. Go for them. And don't hold it against somebody if they're going for them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I'm still kinda bitter that Julie hung on to the idol he handed her for an early tribal counsel as an in-case to protect their alliance. I 100% think Julie should have given it back to him after.

I think that was it for immunity idols, right? But anyway, why was no one idol searching after voting Bruce off with his idol in his pocket??? I was totally waiting for someone to idol search this entire last episode. I sure as hell hope they at least start idol searching now that Julie has played Austin's second idol. There may well be TWO hidden immunity idols out there now.

I'm surprised Julie never gave it back to him either. And it puts him in an awkward spot if he were to ask for it back. I don't remember this scenario really happening all that often over all the years.

Something I always have to remind myself with things like this. We don't know that they didn't go search and just no one found it and/or there wasn't any drama about it, so it was left on the editing floor instead of the episode.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Wow, who’s shocked she didn’t go after Austin???  Emily was the easy choice….

Exactly, I think that she feels safer than she really is. Which is crazy because everyone of them voted her out. If Julie doesn't win immunity this week she is gone. With Austin having guaranteed immunity this week they all (especially Julie) missed a huge shot to get him out.

8 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Exactly, I think that she feels safer than she really is. Which is crazy because everyone of them voted her out. If Julie doesn't win immunity this week she is gone. With Austin having guaranteed immunity this week they all (especially Julie) missed a huge shot to get him out.

Think about this. Julie casts the only vote against Austin to send him home using the idol Austin gave her. 

• Like 1

Big debate at the house about Dee picking the game over Austin. Austin picked Dee over the game and she did not. Dee did not reciprocate. Did that put an end to a chance for them to have a relationship outside the game?

Austin needs to go straight to Jake and Katurah and say, here's your third vote. My alliance got broke tonight. It's us three in the final. And he has to be strong enough to vote out Dee next if that is what it comes down to.

Jake has a chance to win this thing. The only person of the final 5 I think cannot win is Katurah.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Big debate at the house about Dee picking the game over Austin. Austin picked Dee over the game and she did not. Dee did not reciprocate. Did that put an end to a chance for them to have a relationship outside the game?

It sure would me. No chance I'd have any interest of continuing to pursue Dee after she did me dirty like that.