Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Somerset 29 Lincoln County 7

Featured Replies

  • Replies 46
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • One thing you can say about Coach Clev is that he's coaching non-stop during these games.  He's done a great job in year 1.

  • Horton was benched by Coach Jaggers because he got a personal foul for taking his helmet off before getting off of the field. Horton punted the ball with 4th down and inches. Frustration from Horton I

  • They'd be really really good, I'll just leave it at that.

Coach Clevenger has them playing well.  Lincoln Co.  look’s dysfunctional.  Why did Horton not play QB in 2nd half.  Looked like a benching/issue going on. 

Horton was benched by Coach Jaggers because he got a personal foul for taking his helmet off before getting off of the field. Horton punted the ball with 4th down and inches. Frustration from Horton I’m sure. I’d be frustrated for sure. 

Hard to see how Somerset won't be the favorite to win their district.  They'll be a hard out in the playoffs for someone.

Makes you wonder what this Somerset team would look like with the Smith twins and Guy Bailey.

13 hours ago, BBN_34 said:

Makes you wonder what this Somerset team would look like with the Smith twins and Guy Bailey.

They'd be really really good, I'll just leave it at that.

19 hours ago, PATRIOTFAN said:

Horton was benched by Coach Jaggers because he got a personal foul for taking his helmet off before getting off of the field. Horton punted the ball with 4th down and inches. Frustration from Horton I’m sure. I’d be frustrated for sure. 

I wasn't there, but I did some research. 

Lincoln had a 4th and 1, with the ball around the 15 yard line. Had they elected to go for it, and not have earned a 1st down, Somerset would have gained the ball with 15 yards to go for a score. When Lincoln punted, it was 15-7 Somerset. The punt was the correct call. 

Frustration is no excuse to earn a personal foul in any sport I don't think. 

Congrats to Somerset! Coach Clevenger is doing a very fine job in year 1. 

 

5 hours ago, UKBaseball85 said:

I wasn't there, but I did some research. 

Lincoln had a 4th and 1, with the ball around the 15 yard line. Had they elected to go for it, and not have earned a 1st down, Somerset would have gained the ball with 15 yards to go for a score. When Lincoln punted, it was 15-7 Somerset. The punt was the correct call. 

Frustration is no excuse to earn a personal foul in any sport I don't think. 

Congrats to Somerset! Coach Clevenger is doing a very fine job in year 1. 

 

Since you weren’t there or if you haven’t watched Lincoln’s last 3 games, you would not understand. I didn’t say the personal foul was condoned but frustration was leading up to it. A hard count should’ve at least been attempted. Horton is pretty good at that. 
 

On 9/23/2023 at 6:50 PM, PATRIOTFAN said:

Horton was benched by Coach Jaggers because he got a personal foul for taking his helmet off before getting off of the field. Horton punted the ball with 4th down and inches. Frustration from Horton I’m sure. I’d be frustrated for sure. 

Thanks for clarifying.  

You don't bench your starting quarterback (all-time leading passer in school history) for getting a personal foul. That is called coaching when you pull a player aside. I'm absolutely blown away if this is true. 

Lincoln has the players to at least be competitive in games like these. They aren't being used correctly. 

11 minutes ago, Co@chPitino said:

You don't bench your starting quarterback (all-time leading passer in school history) for getting a personal foul. That is called coaching when you pull a player aside. I'm absolutely blown away if this is true. 

It definitely appeared to be the case.  It goes back to original comment, that is just appears from outside/looking in there is dysfunction.  They seemed uninspired and disjointed Friday night. 

One thing you can say about Coach Clev is that he's coaching non-stop during these games.  He's done a great job in year 1.

1 hour ago, EagleRare20 said:

Lincoln has the players to at least be competitive in games like these. They aren't being used correctly. 

You hit the nail on the head. Leading passer in school history that doesn't throw the ball a whole lot. His twin brother that led the team in receptions last season rarely gets thrown to. Doesn't make sense. Might I add that this is the 3rd different OC for Horton to learn in his 3 years as starting QB.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.