Somerset 29 Lincoln County 7

Carl Spackler

• Jumper_Dad changed the title to Somerset 29 Lincoln County 7
19 hours ago, PATRIOTFAN said:

Horton was benched by Coach Jaggers because he got a personal foul for taking his helmet off before getting off of the field. Horton punted the ball with 4th down and inches. Frustration from Horton I’m sure. I’d be frustrated for sure. 

I wasn't there, but I did some research. 

Lincoln had a 4th and 1, with the ball around the 15 yard line. Had they elected to go for it, and not have earned a 1st down, Somerset would have gained the ball with 15 yards to go for a score. When Lincoln punted, it was 15-7 Somerset. The punt was the correct call. 

Frustration is no excuse to earn a personal foul in any sport I don't think. 

Congrats to Somerset! Coach Clevenger is doing a very fine job in year 1. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UKBaseball85 said:

I wasn't there, but I did some research. 

Lincoln had a 4th and 1, with the ball around the 15 yard line. Had they elected to go for it, and not have earned a 1st down, Somerset would have gained the ball with 15 yards to go for a score. When Lincoln punted, it was 15-7 Somerset. The punt was the correct call. 

Frustration is no excuse to earn a personal foul in any sport I don't think. 

Congrats to Somerset! Coach Clevenger is doing a very fine job in year 1. 

Since you weren’t there or if you haven’t watched Lincoln’s last 3 games, you would not understand. I didn’t say the personal foul was condoned but frustration was leading up to it. A hard count should’ve at least been attempted. Horton is pretty good at that. 

On 9/23/2023 at 6:50 PM, PATRIOTFAN said:

Horton was benched by Coach Jaggers because he got a personal foul for taking his helmet off before getting off of the field. Horton punted the ball with 4th down and inches. Frustration from Horton I’m sure. I’d be frustrated for sure. 

Thanks for clarifying.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Co@chPitino said:

You don't bench your starting quarterback (all-time leading passer in school history) for getting a personal foul. That is called coaching when you pull a player aside. I'm absolutely blown away if this is true. 

It definitely appeared to be the case.  It goes back to original comment, that is just appears from outside/looking in there is dysfunction.  They seemed uninspired and disjointed Friday night. 

1 hour ago, EagleRare20 said:

Lincoln has the players to at least be competitive in games like these. They aren't being used correctly. 

You hit the nail on the head. Leading passer in school history that doesn't throw the ball a whole lot. His twin brother that led the team in receptions last season rarely gets thrown to. Doesn't make sense. Might I add that this is the 3rd different OC for Horton to learn in his 3 years as starting QB.