Jaguars vs. Bobcats   

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who survives this cat fight?

This poll is closed to new votes

7vlh92.thumb.jpg.ed1b51ee98a666e3d150fdeedd5a4fcd.jpg

Jaguars' Roar Calls Bobcats From The Mountain Top

Records: Season opener for both 

Series History: Tied at 1-1

Central figures: Bell County boss Dudley Hilton ranks second all-time in coaching wins with 419 in 44 years patrolling the sidelines in the counties of Breathit, Bell, and Bourbon. Bobcats running back Daniel Thomas led the state in rushing last season with 2,228 yards on 10.7 a pop. He ran for 155 yards and two scores against North Laurel last year, a 43-35 win for the men of Log Mountain. Jack Chappell (EKU commit) and Gabe Claybrook (Tennessee Tech offer) are Division 1 prospects for the Jaguars. This is the last hoorah for a North Laurel senior class that won the 2019 eighth grade state championship.

• Like 1

I’m really interested to see the result to this game. I feel like this could be North Laurel’s coming out party. They have had a lot of young talent the last couple of years—it should be time for all that talent to really start playing well together. 

6 minutes ago, WishboneCity said:

I’m really interested to see the result to this game. I feel like this could be North Laurel’s coming out party. They have had a lot of young talent the last couple of years—it should be time for all that talent to really start playing well together. 

If they hadn't lost some important pieces to Rockcastle County and Gavin Chadwell had stuck around to play football, they'd really turn some heads this year. They still might, but man... what might have been.

• Like 1

CE0ABA83-DBC7-428F-A3CA-2C76F5614F1C.thumb.jpeg.2b407d98f7b23078d23733632a1c00f3.jpegFriday’s matchup between Bell County and North Laurel has been tagged Game of the Week in the 13th Region, and both Bobcat coach Dudley Hilton, and Jaguar coach Jason Chappell agree, it should be a good game.
“It’s Bell County,” Chappell said. “They one of the premiere programs in the state of Kentucky.”
“I think the game being in a lot of local interest,” Hilton said. “We are both from the 13th Region, and we don’t get to have many games against teams in the 13th Region. That’s one of the things that make this interesting. It should be a good one to watch.”

The rest of the preview can be found here: https://www.13thregionmedianetwork.com/?p=14839

Who do you believe will win?
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

If they hadn't lost some important pieces to Rockcastle County and Gavin Chadwell had stuck around to play football, they'd really turn some heads this year. They still might, but man... what might have been.

They lost one player to Rock.