2023 Meade County Green Wave

Aug 4 at Owensboro Catholic (Scrimmage)
Aug 18 at Henderson County
Aug 25 vs. Elizabethtown
Sep 1 vs. Apollo
Sep 8 at Central Hardin
Sep 15 at Daviess County
Sep 22 at Bardstown
Sep 29 vs. Pleasure Ridge Park (District)
Oct 6 - BYE
Oct 13 at St. Xavier (District)
Oct 20 vs. Manual (District)
Oct 27 vs. Bullitt East

E5od9RRWUA8JhW6.jpg

6 hours ago, Purple88 said:

I understand that line of thinking, but with Butler dropping to 5A that left Meade as odd man out.  Geographically it's the only thing they could do.

Hardin County Preps said it.....North Hardin is slightly closer both in mileage and time traveled.  I do believe Meade Co. got a raw deal, but then again, I don't get the logic behind everything the KHSAA does all the time either.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2023 at 1:41 PM, Hardin County Preps said:

North Hardin (Radcliff), is closer than Brandenburg to Louisville? Raw deal!

I'd be curious to what criteria KHSAA uses to make district changes which I'm sure geography plays a big part but in this case looks some more factors had to be involved. I wonder if any consultation with the schools had a impact. May have been easier to ship Meade County rather than break up North and Central Hardin. 

2 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I'd be curious to what criteria KHSAA uses to make district changes which I'm sure geography plays a big part but in this case looks some more factors had to be involved. I wonder if any consultation with the schools had a impact. May have been easier to ship Meade County rather than break up North and Central Hardin. 

The only reason I could see why the KHSAA chose Meade County & not North Hardin is the proximity of the other schools in district 2 to those two schools.  North Hardin is closer to Central Hardin, Warren Central & Barren County than Meade County is.  If that’s not the reason, I wouldn’t understand the logic.

• Like 1