Open Job: Caverna

TRPride

Interesting job. I believe they've had some success at the middle school level in recent years. They are moving back to district play this season and will be with Ballard Memorial, Fulton County, and Russellville. It is a very small school and the talent certainly ebbs and flows, but this might be a good time to jump in on this position.

2 hours ago, BobbyKnight said:

Is this job even a job for someone that wants to establish tenure as a teacher? It seems to be a lot of turnover, so my main question is, Is the administration supportive in all facets of running a sound program? 

You'll probably be shocked to find this out (I was), but Coach Lasley was there for 7 seasons, which I would guess is probably on the top end of average tenure(s) at one school (no way of knowing for sure, but fairly confident and then some in saying that).

Something else you'd be shocked (and, others I'm sure), but they pay teachers extremely well. I guess they are in the upper 1/3 of the state in that regard. According to 20-21, the Head Football Coach made $6,000 (+ an added $500 weight room stipend).  You take a, let's say, Year 2-6 teacher who has a Rank 2 to Rank 1 and you're sitting between $53,650 - $63,345.

Year 27 teachers alone cap out this year at $69,035.

It sits right on I-65, well, technically 31-W North, about 30 minutes north of Bowling Green. They'll always have some guys who can run.

Plus, DYK the only other Independent school district that sits/shares multiple counties other than Caverna? Corbin (Whitley, Knox, Laurel). Caverna sits right between Horse Cave (Hart County) and Cave City (Barren County) and funded by both.

Edited by theguru
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Did the Coach who has been there seven years resign on his own or was he let go from his coaching position?  Looking on the school website, they have available coaching positions posted for High School Football Head Coach, Middle School Football Head Coach, Volleyball High School Head Coach and Baseball High School Head Coach. 

Interesting that baseball would be posted as open when their in the middle of their current season even though they are winless to date. 

I hope that the football coach just resigned on his own considering the season has been over for over six months now when he could have been pursuing other coaching opportunities in that time frame had he known he would be let go. 

They had a couple of pretty good years in middle school and I believe those kids were freshman last year so might be a good time to jump in there they would probably be no threat to win region but they might get that district a couple times which would be a big deal for this school.

13 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

They had a couple of pretty good years in middle school and I believe those kids were freshman last year so might be a good time to jump in there they would probably be no threat to win region but they might get that district a couple times which would be a big deal for this school.

...and, there are a whole lot more teams out there across the state than not who fit into this category. So many programs out there when it comes to one team in the district (and, some have multiple) are, as the saying goes, "going into a gun fight with knives" & almost as many have the same thing going on come playoff time. Fight for a 2 seed, snag a playoff win, and then come round 2? Twin engine prop vs an F-18, a pit bull vs a chihuahua.

Being able to compete for/win your district and then have a glimmer of hope, let's say even 2 out of every 4 or 5 years is a huge deal.

3 hours ago, tackle trap said:

I'm hearing Scotty Vance OC at Apollo could be the next coach. He's also one of the top baseball coaches around be interesting would he do both since the baseball job is also open. 

Is he the baseball coach at Apollo?

• 3 weeks later...