Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gallatin County 60 Owen County 57 (31st District Championship)

Featured Replies

  • Author
42 minutes ago, LLS10 said:

Greatest upset ever in the 31st District Tournament???

I can’t think of any at the moment… but I’m sure there’s been a few.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ConverseAllStar
    ConverseAllStar

    Watch the referee take out a Gallatin County player at the end of the video! Block or charge?! 

  • brooksville
    brooksville

    I agree that it was an upset. Owen County was definitely upset with the loss.

  • Mack The Knife
    Mack The Knife

    It is now a t shirt in Warsaw. Alas, I didn’t get any royalties.

Posted Images

  • Author
2 minutes ago, Colonel-Rebel Fan said:

Where does OC go from here?  I guess they hope to draw Simon Kenton?  

I would think so. To be honest, winning your district isn’t a real huge deal when it comes to your draw this year. The whole regional tournament is loaded. Like @ColonelMike said, Gallatin will now either draw a top-20 team in the state or Oldham County.

What a way to win the district champion!!! That’s why you play until the clock hits zero. Life time memory for all players involved regardless of what happens at the regionals. Good luck in the Regionals to both teams.

1 hour ago, LLS10 said:

Greatest upset ever in the 31st District Tournament???

I’ve been going for 55 years and this is by far the greatest I have witnessed.

The Wildcats are far and away the longest shot (no pun intended) in the field. After last night’s Bedlam In Bedford I’m not sure they have a preference in the draw.

5 minutes ago, Mack The Knife said:

The Wildcats are far and away the longest shot (no pun intended) in the field. After last night’s Bedlam in Bedford I’m not sure they have a preference in the draw.

Love this! ?

Wow, I'm amazed at some of the reactions.  Yeah, I would call this an upset of somewhat, but a huge upset, no.  Owen County, even with Moore, just has never appeared to me to be a power house this year.  Anyone that goes to sleep on the Wildcats around this time of the year will meet disaster.

Congrats to Gallatin County!  

15 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

Wow, I'm amazed at some of the reactions.  Yeah, I would call this an upset of somewhat, but a huge upset, no.  Owen County, even with Moore, just has never appeared to me to be a power house this year.  Anyone that goes to sleep on the Wildcats around this time of the year will meet disaster.

I believe there is a few reasons for all the hype around this upset. 

1. In their 3 matchups this year, Owen has won by scores of 17, 17, and 8. 

2. The Cats lost to 8 to the Rebels, WITHOUT Teagan Moore playing. 

3. The full-court shot obviously.

4. There has always been some bad-blood between these 2 counties. I, myself did not think there was ANY chance GC could beat OC. I guarantee every other person in the stands believed the same. Heck, maybe even the players. 

  • Author
18 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

Wow, I'm amazed at some of the reactions.  Yeah, I would call this an upset of somewhat, but a huge upset, no.  Owen County, even with Moore, just has never appeared to me to be a power house this year.  Anyone that goes to sleep on the Wildcats around this time of the year will meet disaster.

I would consider it a huge one. They lose by 17 to them in both contests where Moore played, and also lost to them by 9 without Moore playing. 

Owen County has had a good year, I wouldn’t consider them a “powerhouse”, but they are in contention for the region. Owen County had also won 8-straight games against Gallatin. 
 

2 hours ago, Runcible Owl said:

Love this! ?

My wife couldn’t make it last and was texting scores. As soon as it was over I called her said Griffin hit a 50 footer to win it. 
After about 15 seconds on the phone she said I can barely hear you. I said it’s bedlam in here. I think I used pandemonium as well.    
This morning I was watching the video again and said to myself, “Bedlam In Bedford”.

One other thing I noticed as well. As usual fans from other schools invariably start cheering for the underdog.            
If you look in the right hand corner of the video you will se Carroll County students, including some Lady Panthers, celebrating wildly after the shot went in.

1 hour ago, LLS10 said:

I believe there is a few reasons for all the hype around this upset. 

1. In their 3 matchups this year, Owen has won by scores of 17, 17, and 8. 

2. The Cats lost to 8 to the Rebels, WITHOUT Teagan Moore playing. 

3. The full-court shot obviously.

4. There has always been some bad-blood between these 2 counties. I, myself did not think there was ANY chance GC could beat OC. I guarantee every other person in the stands believed the same. Heck, maybe even the players. 

I wasn't in the stands, but I didn't think Owen County was a given.  I've seen Gallatin come alive too many times around this time of the year.  It's a little tough thinking my thoughts weren't correct.

1 hour ago, Adrian Woj Burner said:

I would consider it a huge one. They lose by 17 to them in both contests where Moore played, and also lost to them by 9 without Moore playing. 

Owen County has had a good year, I wouldn’t consider them a “powerhouse”, but they are in contention for the region. Owen County had also won 8-straight games against Gallatin. 
 

Like I said before, I just haven't been sold on Owen County all year.  Gallatin most always improves as the year goes on, they always beat someone come tournament time  that maybe they shouldn't, ask SK, they've been on the wrong end of the score once or twice.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.