Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gallatin County 60 Owen County 57 (31st District Championship)

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, 4 Quarters said:

Like I said before, I just haven't been sold on Owen County all year.  Gallatin most always improves as the year goes on, they always beat someone come tournament time  that maybe they shouldn't, ask SK, they've been on the wrong end of the score once or twice.

SK has been on the wrong end of it 3 times the last 10 years LOL.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ConverseAllStar
    ConverseAllStar

    Watch the referee take out a Gallatin County player at the end of the video! Block or charge?! 

  • brooksville
    brooksville

    I agree that it was an upset. Owen County was definitely upset with the loss.

  • Mack The Knife
    Mack The Knife

    It is now a t shirt in Warsaw. Alas, I didn’t get any royalties.

Posted Images

  • Author
2 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

Like I said before, I just haven't been sold on Owen County all year.  Gallatin most always improves as the year goes on, they always beat someone come tournament time  that maybe they shouldn't, ask SK, they've been on the wrong end of the score once or twice.

They will surely have an answer to that. SK and Gallatin County have met 3 times in the regional tournament, Gallatin winning all 3 contests by an average of 2.6 points!

53 minutes ago, Mack The Knife said:

My wife couldn’t make it last night and was texting scores. As soon as it was over I called her said Griffin hit a 50 footer to win it. 
After about 15 seconds on the phone she said I can barely hear you. I said it’s bedlam in here. I think I used pandemonium as well.    
This morning I was watching the video again and said to myself, “Bedlam In Bedford”.

when we were young? ?

1 hour ago, Runcible Owl said:

when we were young? ?

You just became my favorite BGP member.

22 minutes ago, Mack The Knife said:

You just became my favorite BGP member.

?

10 hours ago, ColonelMike said:

We all say it all the time - in HS sports, ANYTHING can happen.   They're HS kids.

And yet - not a one of us (except for the Gallatin County faithful, perhaps) really saw this one coming.

KUDOS to Coach Sullivan and his squad!   What a tremendous upset!    This is WHY WE PLAY THE GAME and don't just dole out the awards to the teams with the best RPI.....

This also creates an amazing situation in the region tournament....

Congratulations Mr. District Champ.....would you like the 17th-ranked team in the state (Collins), the 18th-ranked team in the state (Grant), or perhaps you would prefer 24-win Owen County????  LOL....this is going to be an AMAZING Region 8 tourney.

The can’t play Owen. Oldham is the other option. 

  • Author

I am already getting a head start on this weeks review/preview, but it will not be posted until a little after the draw so that I can write up some things for the 1st round games. 

This week is going to be HECTIC!

Watching a replay of the game. Owen takes a 57-51 lead with 2:11 and Gallatin scores the last 9.

3 hours ago, Mack The Knife said:

You just became my favorite BGP member.

 

4 hours ago, Runcible Owl said:

when we were young? ?

Frank?

7 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

Wow, I'm amazed at some of the reactions.  Yeah, I would call this an upset of somewhat, but a huge upset, no.  Owen County, even with Moore, just has never appeared to me to be a power house this year.  Anyone that goes to sleep on the Wildcats around this time of the year will meet disaster.

When 12-17 defeats 24-8 with a top 3-4 player in the state who has beaten them soundly 3 times, yes it is a huge upset. 

Just saw the stats on Riherds. Owen out rebounded Gallatin 34 to 15. However, the Wildcats hit 9 of 20 from beyond the arc, including 3-3 in the final two minutes. The Rebels hit just of 4 of 23 three pointers.

2 hours ago, Mack The Knife said:

Just saw the stats on Riherds. Owen out rebounded Gallatin 34 to 15. However, the Wildcats hit 9 of 20 from beyond the arc, including 3-3 in the final two minutes. The Rebels hit just of 4 of 23 three pointers.

Call it an upset or whatever.  Looks to like GC shot themselves to a win and OC shot themselves to a lost.  You were at this game and the percentages didn't jump out at you?

34 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

Call it an upset or whatever.  Looks to like GC shot themselves to a win and OC shot themselves to a lost.  You were at this game and the percentages didn't jump out at you?

Biggest upset in the history of the 31st District since 1967 when I first started going. 
First three games were 82-65, 87-70, and 61-53 without Teagan Moore. The win on Friday is the very definition of an upset.

I agree that it was an upset. Owen County was definitely upset with the loss.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.