Grant County 61 Great Crossing 55

Been on the grant train all year- based on last year when I was impressed with how physical and tough they play. They do need to figure out how to up their level away from home.  They have played a very good schedule which should help them get ready for postseason 

• Like 1

• Jumper_Dad changed the title to Grant County 61 Great Crossing 55

1979 was the last year Grant County won the 8th Region.   There has to be some serious excitement building in Dry Ridge because Joe Utter's team has a legitimate shot at this year's title and won't be dismissed easily.

They're right there in the lead pack - but it is a larger pack than usual this year.    That helps (teams you match up poorly with have a good chance of being knocked out by someone else) and hurts (you better bring your "A" game EVERY night come tourney time.)

I still like North/Collins in the top tier....followed by (in no order) Simon Kenton, Grant County, and Woodford County.     All five probably make the region tournament this year....   BUT....Collins is apparently going to have to beat a very formidable Spencer County team just to get to the region (it would be an upset, but not really a huge upset to see Spencer win the 30th)....and Owen County is quietly lurking in the 31st....just in case we forget the Rebels have two convincing wins over Grant County and Spencer County....

On any given night.....   

42 minutes ago, ColonelMike said:

1979 was the last year Grant County won the 8th Region.   There has to be some serious excitement building in Dry Ridge because Joe Utter's team has a legitimate shot at this year's title and won't be dismissed easily.

They're right there in the lead pack - but it is a larger pack than usual this year.    That helps (teams you match up poorly with have a good chance of being knocked out by someone else) and hurts (you better bring your "A" game EVERY night come tourney time.)

I still like North/Collins in the top tier....followed by (in no order) Simon Kenton, Grant County, and Woodford County.     All five probably make the region tournament this year....   BUT....Collins is apparently going to have to beat a very formidable Spencer County team just to get to the region (it would be an upset, but not really a huge upset to see Spencer win the 30th)....and Owen County is quietly lurking in the 31st....just in case we forget the Rebels have two convincing wins over Grant County and Spencer County....

On any given night.....   

I saw Woodford County last night for the first since December.  This team looks like they were constructed to play on the AAU circuit, or maybe to participate at a track and field meet.  They are missing just ingredient, shooting.

Beware, if this team were to show a few nights and bring their A+ shooting skills no one in the eight will touch them, even without McClear.  I would not want to face this team.

• Like 2