Williamstown 84 Holmes 57

Jacob Cheesman has done a great job in Williamstown.   The Demons are still a bit of a dark horse in the loaded 32nd, but Wtown has proven that they aren't to be taken lightly.      They shoot lights out (78%+) at the line, and have three players averaging in double digits.     Granted, the schedule hasn't been the strongest, but this is a veteran club that has Cheesman's system down pat, and the players have played together for a long time.   Chemistry alone can win you games sometimes...

Whether the Demons can pull an upset and advance to the Region tourney remains to be seen, but you have to tip your hat to what's going on in Williamstown!

• Like 3

Colton Feagan lead the way with 29 points. He’s playing excellent this season and and is proving to be elite in this region. Doesn’t matter if the team wasn’t good. You score 29 and look at the season stats he’s putting up, that’s saying something. 
Gunner finished with 24. 6 Threes. 
Yangouoa finished with 16. 
Nice commentary Colonel Mike. 

Is it possible Holmes doesn't win a game this year???  Looking at their schedule Dayton, Bellevue, and Pendleton might be the only possibilities, and from looking at Dayton, Bellevue, and Pendleton's scores nothing seems to be a given.  It is hard to believe that Holmes might go a season without a win.  I hope the Bulldogs can find one some where.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoops Junkie said:

Is it possible Holmes doesn't win a game this year???  Looking at their schedule Dayton, Bellevue, and Pendleton might be the only possibilities, and from looking at Dayton, Bellevue, and Pendleton's scores nothing seems to be a given.  It is hard to believe that Holmes might go a season without a win.  I hope the Bulldogs can find one some where.

Wow, I knew they were bad but did not realize they hadn’t won a game. I said the same thing earlier this year, really hard to believe where they are as a program. 
What used to be a powerhouse program, and a “blue blood” of high school basketball is now struggling to get their first win of the season with only a few weeks left.

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Adrian Woj Burner said:

Wow, I knew they were bad but did not realize they hadn’t won a game. I said the same thing earlier this year, really hard to believe where they are as a program. 
What used to be a powerhouse program, and a “blue blood” of high school basketball is now struggling to get their first win of the season with only a few weeks left.

It's been a slow slide for the last half dozen years. There've been good coaches there since Coach Booher left too.

• Like 1

I'm a Holmes grad from a hundred years ago 😀 and although I no longer live in NKY I still talk to friends up there frequently. A friend of mine told me just last night that he didn't think Holmes could beat the best freshman teams in the area. Don't know if he's right. I haven't been to a Holmes game since they won the state championship.

41 minutes ago, Keith the old guy said:

I'm a Holmes grad from a hundred years ago 😀 and although I no longer live in NKY I still talk to friends up there frequently. A friend of mine told me just last night that he didn't think Holmes could beat the best freshman teams in the area. Don't know if he's right. I haven't been to a Holmes game since they won the state championship.

I would guess there are a few they couldn't beat.

38 minutes ago, Keith the old guy said:

Looks like we’ve solved Holmes’ problem… Get Keith to a game, people! 

Also important to consider how young they are. Largely Sophomores in their rotation, and their leading scorer is a freshman. All of which also play the JV game each night, however limited their minutes may be. There are brighter days ahead. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SnottieDrippen said:

Looks like we’ve solved Holmes’ problem… Get Keith to a game, people! 

Also important to consider how young they are. Largely Sophomores in their rotation, and their leading scorer is a freshman. All of which also play the JV game each night, however limited their minutes may be. There are brighter days ahead. 

I'm not coming back until it's warm 😄

• Haha 2

All you have to do to see why Holmes has fallen off is look at other teams rosters.  These four would be a pretty nice squad for the Bulldogs.

Eian Elmer (2023) Taft HS - won a state Championship last year

Deshawn Jackson (2024) Taft HS

Jabari Covington (2024) Newport HS

Javier Ward (2023) Holy Cross HS

• Like 3