Elliott and South Charleston, WV

I didn't learn much about the So. Charleston team from this thread. I have to assume that is because little is known about them. That's fine...I just wish peple could say "I don't know."

The family tree stuff is great though--if I were only interested.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't learn much about the So. Charleston team from this thread. I have to assume that is because little is known about them. That's fine...I just wish peple could say "I don't know."

The family tree stuff is great though--if I were only interested.

Hey scorekeeper, I'd guess if you Google So. Charleston, you'd find out what your looking for. And I apologize that Yak and I went down that path, it probably stems from other Elliott Co. escapades we've had in the past.

You know as well as I do that Isonville is a suburb of Sandy Hook and before everyone gets bent out of shape I am related to an Ison from Isonville. Here's you a little know fact Doc, there was/is a paylake in Isonville on property owned by one Mary Ison.

Ison's pay lake is no longer owned by Mary Ison and if it was it is not in Isonville!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is in Stephen's Ky right across from Big 4 grocery at the intersection of 409 which is approximately 9 or 10 mile's from Isonville, and that's a fact!!!:D

Morgan CO. went up there two years ago in the same deal. They got throttled by an excellent George Washington team out of Charleston.

However, the Cougars were charged with a walk :walk: on nearly every possession it seemed like. Look for your turnovers to increase a tad;) from your norm.

South Charleston is a neat little town, just outside of the state capital in Charleston, WV. If you see the rec center in S Charleston, it is 2 domes, side by side which resemble Dolly Parton. I have seen Randy Moss and Jason Williams play at that rec center. Great parks, amazing rec center gym, baseball fields, football and soccer fields. Much nicer than what Charleston has done with much more money. Richard Robb has been the Mayor of South Charleston for YEARS and is so popular, that rarely does anyone even run against him. He could probably be convicted of a felony and still get elected in a landslide. But that won't happen as he is a great guy!

As far as the high school, they do have some excellent athletes but used to get most of their wins thru solid team play (if they are still they way I remember them).

Morgan CO. went up there two years ago in the same deal. They got throttled by an excellent George Washington team out of Charleston.

However, the Cougars were charged with a walk :walk: on nearly every possession it seemed like. Look for your turnovers to increase a tad;) from your norm.

GW usually gets the better athletes in the area but don't always seem to play as good of a team game, at least from what I remember.

Ison's pay lake is no longer owned by Mary Ison and if it was it is not in Isonville!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is in Stephen's Ky right across from Big 4 grocery at the intersection of 409 which is approximately 9 or 10 mile's from Isonville, and that's a fact!!!:D

You are right I did struggle with those lines of demarcation as well as map reading class. I do agree it is in Stephens, just making a joke. I will just put on my Keith Whitley album sit back and chill.

You are right I did struggle with those lines of demarcation as well as map reading class. I do agree it is in Stephens, just making a joke. I will just put on my Keith Whitley album sit back and chill.

YAK, probably the best thing you could do for us all !

Which one? I'm No Stranger To The Rain!! LOL!!:cool: