Elliott and South Charleston, WV

Please understand I meant no harm to Elliott County. Its just sometimes I can't sleep at night because a bus I was on got attacked in Sandy Hook one night.
Some great people, in Sandy Hook and Elliott County area.

I recall traveling once, many years ago in a Middle School basketball game, to Sandy Hook and seeing all the signs, displayed in the area which welcomed you to the tournament.

We all laughed, at the abbreviations of the tournament on the signs, which I won't post here but just imagine the first letter of each word, in bold, to see what was on the signs.....I still smile, thinking about that to this day....:D

Welcome to the the

Sandy Hook Invitational Tournament

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The beauty of innocence. It was what God intended when he created the human race. S3, I too have friends in Elliott County. I wish them nothing but the best. I not only hope they defeat S Charleston, I want them to beat S Charleston. As for the tourney I always heard that story growing up and just regarded it as a fable. I'm curious, who is the all time leading scorer in Elliott County history?

I'm curious, who is the all time leading scorer in Elliott County history?
Not sure, but here are some names that could be.

Jesse Adkins

Rep. Rocky Adkins (Jesse's son)

Fred Vinson

Orbie Lee Bowling - drafted by Knicks but played for Kentucky Colonels of the ABA, after college career at Tennessee

As for the tourney I always heard that story growing up and just regarded it as a fable.
....It is true

The beauty of innocence. It was what God intended when he created the human race. S3, I too have friends in Elliott County. I wish them nothing but the best. I not only hope they defeat S Charleston, I want them to beat S Charleston. As for the tourney I always heard that story growing up and just regarded it as a fable. I'm curious, who is the all time leading scorer in Elliott County history?

I don't know who is the all time leading scorer, but Jon Ferguson just reached his 1000th point half way through his sophomore year, if he keeps this up through his senior year he will be the all time leading scorer.