Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 70 St. Henry 61

Featured Replies

The Colonels get the win in Erlanger tonight and earn Coach Scott Ruthsatz his 314th win at Cov Cath to become the winningest head basketball coach at Covington Catholic.

Coach Ruthsatz surpassed Coach Dan Tieman to take the lead for wins.

  • Author
Just now, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

The Colonels get the win in Erlanger tonight and earn Coach Scott Ruthsatz his 314th win at Cov Cath to become the winningest head basketball coach at Covington Catholic.

Coach Ruthsatz surpassed Coach Dan Tieman to take the lead for wins.

Per LinkNKY's Evan Dennison, Ruthsatz's coaching record at Cov Cath is 314-68 and Tieman's record was 313-146.

  • Author

The Cru led the game at halftime, and the Colonels came out in the second half and got it done.

St. Henry was still within striking distance until the final 2 minutes of the game.

I believe Cov Cath was without Kascyll McGillis tonight, who is nursing an ankle.

59 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

The Cru led the game at halftime, and the Colonels came out in the second half and got it done.

St. Henry was still within striking distance until the final 2 minutes of the game.

I believe Cov Cath was without Kascyll McGillis tonight, who is nursing an ankle.

St. Henry without Rhett Ravenscraft as well.

I really feel like Rhet is the engine that makes them go, so I'm a little surprised, given his loss for a shoulder, that they hung in as long as they did.  I'm sure the crowd was huge, always a lot of energy when these two get together the last few years.  

15 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

I really feel like Rhet is the engine that makes them go, so I'm a little surprised, given his loss for a shoulder, that they hung in as long as they did.  I'm sure the crowd was huge, always a lot of energy when these two get together the last few years.  

 

The Cru played very well making clutch shots with great team effort. Fedders was very strong close to the basket. They were up most of the game, and I believe were in the lead at the end of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters. Their biggest lead was 8. CovCath struggled from the 3, but pulled it together in the 4th to take the lead. Once they were up by about 5 with a few minutes left they took the air out of the ball to eat clock and secure the win. 

I was surprised with the lack of playing time by Jones for CCH with St. Henry killing CCH underneath. The zone really gave CCH fits especially in the first half. CCH struggled from 3 shooting 25%. Was surprised to not see more out of Hussey. I was also expecting a faster pace from CCH. They went into 4 corners with about 3 minutes left in the game and a 5 point lead. Nice turnaround game for the Cru after losing their last game to NCC. This region is wide open.

59 minutes ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

I was surprised with the lack of playing time by Jones for CCH with St. Henry killing CCH underneath. The zone really gave CCH fits especially in the first half. CCH struggled from 3 shooting 25%. Was surprised to not see more out of Hussey. I was also expecting a faster pace from CCH. They went into 4 corners with about 3 minutes left in the game and a 5 point lead. Nice turnaround game for the Cru after losing their last game to NCC. This region is wide open.

I could be wrong but I would say reason for Jones lack of playing time was because Detzel the backup big man did have a pretty good offensive game especially in the first half. I believe he had 10 points in the first half alone.

11 minutes ago, Nkybballfan23 said:

I could be wrong but I would say reason for Jones lack of playing time was because Detzel the backup big man did have a pretty good offensive game especially in the first half. I believe he had 10 points in the first half alone.

Yes he did. Detzel had 10 points total. Not sure if all in 1st half. Fedders just seemed like he had an easy layup every time down the court. I know they are only 4 games in but CCH only has 1 player averaging double digits in points and no players averaging at least 5 rebounds per game. I would think that needs to change for them to make a deep run. 

1 hour ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

I was surprised with the lack of playing time by Jones for CCH with St. Henry killing CCH underneath. The zone really gave CCH fits especially in the first half. CCH struggled from 3 shooting 25%. Was surprised to not see more out of Hussey. I was also expecting a faster pace from CCH. They went into 4 corners with about 3 minutes left in the game and a 5 point lead. Nice turnaround game for the Cru after losing their last game to NCC. This region is wide open.

Something magical happens when these two teams get together and I'm guessing it might be coach Faust.  I don't believe one off night by CCH makes it a wide open 9th region.

1 minute ago, 4 Quarters said:

Something magical happens when these two teams get together and I'm guessing it might be coach Faust.  I don't believe one off night by CCH makes it a wide open 9th region.

Coach Faust is great and it is tough playing at St. Henry. Just watching a couple of games for CCH they will need to shoot much better from 3. Their top 3 point shooters in attempts are shooting 35% and 29% from 3 respectively. Ipsaro is averaging 26 points per game and noone else in double digits. They are not a good rebounding team at this point either. Obviously early but the rest of the 9th is much closer than I anticipated. 

1 hour ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

This region is wide open.

CovCath is 40-2 against the 9th Region since the start of the 2019-20 season...with both losses to St. Henry in the 2020-21 season, I'm going to hold off on that "wide open" for just a minute.

5 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

CovCath is 40-2 against the 9th Region since the start of the 2019-20 season...with both losses to St. Henry in the 2020-21 season, I'm going to hold off on that "wide open" for just a minute.

I hear you and as I mentioned, it is early. Let me clarify my point a bit. This team is not as dominant as the teams from the last 3-4 years. For example, I felt like no 9th region team had a realistic chance to win the 9th other than CCH last season. I do not feel like that is the case this year at this point. Just my opinion!

2 hours ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

I hear you and as I mentioned, it is early. Let me clarify my point a bit. This team is not as dominant as the teams from the last 3-4 years. For example, I felt like no 9th region team had a realistic chance to win the 9th other than CCH last season. I do not feel like that is the case this year at this point. Just my opinion!

Never say never but it would be a huge upset if they didn’t win the region. Most other teams don’t D up like coach Faust teams do, that’s a huge reason this game was this close. Also not having Kascyl, your second best player is also a huge factor. I’ve seen most of the contenders already, Cooper or St.Henry are the two I'd keep an eye just cause they defensive identity. Outside of that no chance!

Let me add Lloyd, I haven’t gotten to them yet this year. Talent wise they could forsure win the region, I think EJ can give them issues without having a true big but again it’ll come down to discipline and defense. I can’t see a team like Highlands or Newport who gets up and down the court beating them. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.