Iowa vs. Kentucky Predictions/Updates (Music City Bowl)

16thBBall Fan

Iowa vs. Kentucky  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Music City Bowl Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/31/2022 at 05:06 PM

34 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

The Hawkeyes of Iowa (7-5) will take on the Wildcats of Kentucky (7-5) in the Music City Bowl in Nashville on Dec. 31st at 12:00pm on ABC. I think this is a good matchup for the Cats depending on who decides to play and who opts out of playing. Go Cats!!

Other than the big 2, that's going to have a major impact on every bowl game.

I’m glad it’s the Music City. Game date, time, and location are all good for my family. However, I do wish the opponent was someone other than Iowa just because it is a repeat team from last year. Should be a close, low scoring, competitive game. 

• theguru changed the title to Iowa vs. Kentucky Predictions/Updates (Music City Bowl)
1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

I agree! However, they haven’t done that on offense in all the years Stoops has been here. So I doubt they open it up now. 

Agreed, but in the other bowls I felt like they really needed the win so they played it close to the vest. After this season and with players sitting/skipping the game, I think fan expectations aren't that they win but that they create a little excitement to build off of.

I'm biased but I'd like to see Kaiya Sheron throw it at least 30 times in that game. Of course I expect qb play to be split.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 10:12 PM, Jumper_Dad said:

I'm biased but I'd like to see Kaiya Sheron throw it at least 30 times in that game. Of course I expect qb play to be split.

I'm sure they'll search the portal for a new quarterback, but I hope two week's worth of practice and a more open game plan will benefit Sheron. I don't know if he's all-conference but I think he's better than what he was allowed to show against South Carolina. Hopefully he can have a nice game against Iowa. I'm certainly pulling for him!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the Wade kid out of Tennessee is going into the game at QB1. I hate that for Kaiya Sheron, when given the chance to actually throw the ball past the line of scrimmage he did well against South Carolina. 

Hopefully Kaiya gets some run time as well, I think he has way more potential than most think. (Yes, I'm biased)

On 12/7/2022 at 8:48 PM, gchs_uk9 said:

I'm sure they'll search the portal for a new quarterback, but I hope two week's worth of practice and a more open game plan will benefit Sheron. I don't know if he's all-conference but I think he's better than what he was allowed to show against South Carolina. Hopefully he can have a nice game against Iowa. I'm certainly pulling for him!

Looks like it is going to be Devin Leary from NC State.

Si.com had this to say about him:

Leary emerged as the No. 4 overall player and the No. 1 ranked quarterback in the On3 Sports Transfer Portal Player Rankings for the 2023 offseason.

• Like 2